Expectation quotes can be beautiful and very thought-provoking. I am so you. I know, because the following quotes are all about expectation.
The expectation is one of the most interesting themes you’ll ever come across. If you open your eyes, notice the world around you and start paying attention to things, expectations will pop up everywhere.
I’ve highlighted the best expectation quotes at the bottom of this post. If you find some good ones on your own, please leave a comment on this post.
Below I’ve collected a collection of expectation quotes that will inspire you to dream big and expect good things in your life.
We all have expectations from time to time. Our expectations can make us feel anxious, nervous, and frustrated, but they can also make us happy, relaxed, and fulfilled. It all depends on how we react to our expectations.
- If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed.
- If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed. – Sylvia Plath
- There were two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations. – Jodi Picoult
- “It is the reformer who is anxious for the reform, and not society, from which he should expect nothing better than opposition, abhorrence and mortal persecution”
- Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
- “We tend to get what we expect.”
- Live your life, sing your song. Not full of expectations. Not for the ovations. But for the joy of it. – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- Litigant. A Person About To Give Up His Skin For The Hope Of Retaining His Bones.
- Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. – Alexander Pope
When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.
- Expectations Are Dangerous When They Are Both Too High And Unformed.
- I hope you do not let anyone else’s expectations direct the course of your life. – Julianne Donaldson
- “Uncertainty and expectation are the joys of life. Security is an insipid thing.”
- Life was easier when you stopped caring, when you stopped expecting things to get better. – Cora Carmack
- “Good is not good, when better is expected.”
- I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.
- Expect everything so that nothing comes unexpected. – Norton Juster
- I Can’t Imagine Going On When There Are No More Expectations.
- You can’t expect everyone to have the same dedication as you. – Jeff Kinney
- If You Align Expectations With Reality, You Will Never be Disappointed.
Expectation Quotes Sad
We gathered the best Expectation Quotes Sad, which can be used for inspiration in your life.
- If you spent your life concentrating on what everyone else thought of you, would you forget who you really were? What if the face you showed the world turned out to be a mask… with nothing beneath it?
- There is no joy involved in following others’ expectations of yourself. – Miriam Toews
- We Will Always Tend To Fulfill Our Own Expectation Of Ourselves.
- Our brightest blazes of gladness are commonly kindled by unexpected sparks. – Samuel Johnson
- You Can’t Base Your Life On Other People’s Expectations.
- It takes three to make love, not two: you, your spouse, and God. Without God people only succeed in bringing out the worst in one another. Lovers who have nothing else to do but love each other soon find there is nothing else. Without a central loyalty life is unfinished.
- To free us from the expectations of others, to give us back to ourselves – there lies the great, singular power of self-respect.
- “How much of human life is lost in waiting.”
It’s great to be a blonde. With low expectations it’s very easy to surprise people.
- “I have no expectation of making a hit every time I come to bat.”
- You are most powerful when you are most silent. People never expect silence. They expect words, motion, defense, offense, back and forth. They expect to leap into the fray. They are ready, fists up, words hanging leaping from their mouths. Silence? No.
- When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are. – Donald Miller
- “We will always tend to fulfill our own expectation of ourselves.”
- I’d rather be pleasantly surprised than fatally disappointed. – Julia Glass
- The Quality Of Our Expectations Determines The Quality Of Our Action.
- “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.”
- Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack.
- Expectation wasn’t just about what people expected of you. It was about what you expected of yourself. – Brandon Sanderson
- Expectations are dangerous when they are both too high and unformed. – Lionel Shriver
- The Quality Of Our Expectations Determines The.
Expectation Quotes in Life
Expectations are extremely important when dealing with life because it can make us strive to reach our goals when things get tough.
- I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep my expectations.
- We always have to believe in what is possible in life and not be hindered by history or expectations.
- An Attitude Of Positive Expectation Is The Mark Of The Superior Personality.
- Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.
- I Find My Life Is A Lot Easier The Lower I Keep My Expectations.
- Low expectations is the key to happiness in life.
- Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.
- Your Expectations Give Pain, Not People Or Circumstances.
- It’s when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached.
Related- Pro Life Quotes»
- Don’t Let Anyone Tell You What You Ought To Like.
- We were promised sufferings. They were part of the program. We were even told, ‘Blessed are they that mourn,’ and I accept it. I’ve got nothing that I hadn’t bargained for. Of course it is different when the thing happens to oneself, not to others, and in reality, not imagination.
- I’m not perfect, I just do what I think is right. So if I can’t fulfil people’s expectations, I’m sorry, but it’s not my fault.
- Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
- I honestly believe true happiness lies in lowered expectations. In opening the door to let the air in.
- It’s a good place when all you have is hope and not expectations.
- Do What You Can With What You Have Where You Are.
- My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.”
- Look. I have a strategy. Why expect anything? If you don’t expect anything, you don’t get disappointed.
- I Always Love To Be Careful With My Expectations So That Life Has Pleasant Surprises For Me.
- I Suffer Because My Interactions With Others Do Not Meet The Expectations I Did Not Know I Had.
Life is full of surprising experiences sometimes it’s surprising to great expections because of sudden gain or loss.
- I do know one thing about me: I don’t measure myself by others’ expectations or let others define my worth.
- If men could see us as we really are, they would be a little amazed; but the cleverest, the acutest men are often under an illusion about women: they do not read them in a true light: they misapprehend them, both for good and evil: their good woman is a queer thing, half doll, half angel; their bad woman almost always a fiend.
- Look. I have a strategy. Why expect anything? If you don’t expect anything, you don’t get disappointed. – Patricia McCormick
- When One’s Expectations Are Reduced To Zero, One Really Appreciates Everything One Does Have.
- When you have expectations, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
- The Resistance To The Unpleasant Situation Is The Root Of Suffering.
- If you’re going to say what you want to say, you’re going to hear what you don’t want to hear.
- True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of pure love. No strings attached. No expectations. Time and love are the most valuable possession you can share.
- “Man’s real life is happy, chiefly because he is ever expecting that it soon will be so.”
- “Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today.”
Related- Life Lessons Quotes»
- The first step in exceeding your customer’s expectations is to know those expectations.
- Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. Realize the past no longer holds you captive. It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it. Let the past go. A simply abundant world awaits. (January 11)
- We can each define ambition and progress for ourselves. The goal is to work toward a world where expectations are not set by the stereotypes that hold us back, but by our personal passion, talents and interests.
- “Prospect is often better than possession.”
- You can’t expect everyone to have the same dedication as you.
- “If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience.”
- Education is a shared commitment between dedicated teachers, motivated students and enthusiastic parents with high expectations.
- My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.
- “I know not anything more pleasant, or more instructive, than to compare experience with expectation, or to register from time to time the difference between idea and reality. It is by this kind of observation that we grow daily less liable to be disappointed.”
- “Women should not be expected to write, or fight, or build, or compose scores; she does all by inspiring men to do all”
Reality Expectation Quotes
We’re often disappointed by reality – the outcome of events – because we have an expectation about how things should be or what they might, or think they will be. We might overestimate the outcome.
- “I am open to the guidance of synchronicity, and do not let expectations hinder my path.”
- I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.
- More information is always better than less. When people know the reason things are happening, even if it’s bad news, they can adjust their expectations and react accordingly. Keeping people in the dark only serves to stir negative emotions.
- You can devise all the plans in the world, but if you don’t welcome spontaneity; you will just disappoint yourself. – Abigail Biddinger
- “A thing long expected takes the form of the unexpected when at last it comes”
- To wish was to hope, and to hope was to expect.
- “If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal.”
- “We love to expect, and when expectation is either disappointed or gratified, we want to be again expecting.”
- Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack. – Brandon Sanderson
Related- Reality of Life Quotes»
- Mobile devices, high-speed data communication, and online commerce are creating expectations that convenient, secure, real-time payment and banking capabilities should be available whenever and wherever they are needed.
- “Most of the things we do, we do for no better reason than that our father’s have done them or our neighbors do them, and the same is true of a large part than what we suspect of what we think.”
- Positive expectations are the mark of the superior personality.
- I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep my expectations. – Bill Watterson
- One Gift Creates Appreciation, Many Gifts Create Expectation.
- A wonderful gift may not be wrapped as you expect. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- Being in control of your life and having realistic expectations about your day-to-day challenges are the keys to stress management, which is perhaps the most important ingredient to living a happy, healthy and rewarding life.
- Hope Is The Last Thing A Person Does Before They Are Defeated.
- You are your own worst enemy. If you can learn to stop expecting impossible perfection, in yourself and others, you may find the happiness that has always eluded you.
- If you expect great things of yourself and demand little of others, you’ll keep resentment far away. – Confucius
- “This is in line with our expectation that demand for new housing would ‘cool off’ towards the end of 2005 and in early 2006 as higher short-term interest rates, driven by the Fed, would ultimately translate into higher long-term borrowing rates.
Do you feel disappointed and down because of your expectation? I bet you do. Let’s take a closer look at expectation quotes and true happiness through these above quotes.
You could say that expectations are always rising up to meet you because they simply cannot remain there. Apart from the fact that you may be surprised how much your expectations also could increase or decrease, it is also thought-provoking to think about what could happen if you become too busy trying to raise them.