Franz Kafka Quotes and Sayings offers a collection of inspiring quotes, sayings, and famous quotes by Franz Kafka.
These Franz Kafka quotes are meant to get you started thinking about life itself and allow you to challenge your own personal views of what is real and what is not.
Franz Kafka is one of the most influential authors and philosophers of the 20th century. His haunting literary works have an immense relevance today and quoting’s offers you a glimpse into his world.
Franz Kafka Quotes
This post is a collection of quotes from the renowned German-language writer Franz Kafka. A celebrated figure in modernist poetry, Kafka is considered by many to be one of the greatest literary minds of all time.
Take some time to read these words and explore the world of Franz Kafka and his writings.
- “A man of action forced into a state of thought is unhappy until he can get out of it.”–Franz Kafka
- “Sensual love deceives one as to the nature of heavenly love; it could not do so alone, but since it unconsciously has the element of heavenly love within it, it can do so.”–Franz Kafka
- “The experience of life consists of the experience which the spirit has of itself in the matter and as matter, in mind and as mind, in emotion, as emotion, etc.”–Franz Kafka
- “Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable.”–Franz Kafka
- “We are separated from God on two sides; the Fall separates us from Him, the Tree of Life separates Him from us.”–Franz Kafka
- “Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.”–Franz Kafka
- “Always first draw fresh breath after outbursts of vanity and complacency.”–Franz Kafka
- “Test yourself on mankind. It is something that makes the doubter doubt, the believer believe.”–Franz Kafka
- “There is an infinite amount of hope in the universe … but not for us.”–Franz Kafka
- “In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it’s the exact opposite”–Franz Kafka
“Anyone who cannot come to terms with his life while he is alive needs one hand to ward off a little his despair over his fate. but with his other hand he can note down what he sees among the ruins.”–Franz Kafka
- “Believing in progress does not mean believing that any progress has yet been made.”–Franz Kafka
- “In theory, there is a possibility of perfect happiness: To believe in the indestructible element within one, and not to strive towards it.”–Franz Kafka
Related- Elon Musk Quotes»
- “There are only two things. Truth and lies. Truth is indivisible, hence it cannot recognize itself; anyone who wants to recognize it has to be a lie.”–Franz Kafka
- “Martyrs do not underrate the body, they allow it to be elevated on the cross. In this they are at one with their antagonists.”–Franz Kafka
Franz Kafka Quotes Love
A collection of Franz Kafka Quotes Love in both English, all in one lovely application.
- “Not everyone can see the truth, but he can be it.”–Franz Kafka
- “A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die.”–Franz Kafka
- “Heaven is dumb, echoing only the dumb.”–Franz Kafka
- “Even the merest gesture is holy if it is filled with faith.”–Franz Kafka
- “From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back. That is the point that must be reached.”–Franz Kafka
- “In argument similes are like songs in love; they describe much, but prove nothing.”–Franz Kafka
- “Most men are not wicked… They are sleep-walkers, not evil evildoers.”–Franz Kafka
- “Association with human beings lures one into self-observation.”–Franz Kafka
- “Hesitation before birth. If there is a transmigration of souls then I am not yet on the bottom rung. My life is a hesitation before birth.”–Franz Kafka
- “Woman, or more precisely put, perhaps, marriage, is the representative of life with which you are meant to come to terms.”–Franz Kafka
“By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.”–Franz Kafka
- “I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.”–Franz Kafka
- “One of the first signs of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die.”–Franz Kafka
Related- Andrew Carnegie Quotes»
- “Evil is whatever distracts.”–Franz Kafka
- “Hiding places there are innumerable, escape is only one, but possibilities of escape, again, are as many as hiding places.”–Franz Kafka
Franz Kafka Quotes Life
These different quotes together can maybe make you understand the whole real life of this world.
- “A book should serve as the ax for the frozen sea within us.”–Franz Kafka
- “Life’s splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come.”–Franz Kafka
- “Self-control means wanting to be effective at some random point in the infinite radiations of my spiritual existence.”–Franz Kafka
- “There art two cardinal sins from which all others spring: Impatience and Laziness.”–Franz Kafka
- “I have the true feeling of myself only when I am unbearably unhappy.”–Franz Kafka
- “God gives the nuts, but he does not crack them.”–Franz Kafka
- “It is often safer to be in chains than to be free.”–Franz Kafka
- “Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.”–Franz Kafka
- “We are sinful not only because we have eaten of the Tree of Knowledge, but also because we have not yet eaten of the Tree of Life. The state in which we are is sinful, irrespective of guilt.”–Franz Kafka
Related- Napoleon Hill Quotes»
- “Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy.”–Franz Kafka
- “The fact that our task is exactly commensurate with our life gives it the appearance of being infinite.”–Franz Kafka
- “The history of mankind is the instant between two strides taken by a traveler.”–Franz Kafka
- “Two tasks at the beginning of your life: to narrow your orbit more and more, and ever and again to check whether you are not in hiding somewhere outside your orbit.”–Franz Kafka
Franz Kafka Quotes Metamorphosis
- “Logic may indeed be unshakeable, but it cannot withstand a man who is determined to live.”–Franz Kafka
- “So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being.”–Franz Kafka
- “No sooner said than done – so acts your man of worth.”–Franz Kafka
- “A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us.”–Franz Kafka
- “My guiding principle is this: Guilt is never to be doubted.”–Franz Kafka
- “Idleness is the beginning of all vice, the crown of all virtues.”–Franz Kafka
- “If I shall exist eternally, how shall I exist tomorrow?”–Franz Kafka
- “The spirit becomes free only when it ceases to be a support.”–Franz Kafka
- “Productivity is being able to do things that you were never able to do before.”–Franz Kafka
- “The relationship to one’s fellow man is the relationship of prayer, the relationship to oneself is the relationship of striving; it is from prayer that one draws the strength for one’s striving.”–Franz Kafka
Related- Ansel Adams Quotes»
- “One tells as few lies as possible only by telling as few lies as possible, and not by having the least possible opportunity to do so.”–Franz Kafka
- “Don’t despair, not even over the fact that you don’t despair.”–Franz Kafka
- “Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”–Franz Kafka
- “The thrombus is the old obstacle in the road. It must catch fire if you want to go further.”–Franz Kafka
The Franz Kafka Quotes is filled with the most famous love quotes by Franz Kafka that you will not want to miss reading. You’ll be able to find inspiration in this collection of love & Life quotes from a master writer.
So, I hope you like this post and expand your knowledge. If you have any suggestion regarding this post feel free to share with us.