This is a blog with the best quotes of all time. We have a unique collection of the most meaningful quotes with images. We update our database daily with new quotes and images.
Read these unique collections of quotes and feel free to share your thoughts.
Gentleman Quotes is a resource for men looking to become better men. These are some of the quotations that have helped me along my way.
The desire of being a gentleman makes men what they ought to be. These quotes will help you.
- “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.
- Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners.”
- The word of a gentleman is as good as his bond; and sometimes better.”
- You are trying to kidnap what I have rightfully stolen, and I think it quite ungentlemanly.
- “As a general rule, it pays to be confident, helpful and nice.”
- A real man ain’t a coward, he stands by what he says, admits his faults, and corrects his mistakes.”
- Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. But being a gentleman is a matter of choice.”
- Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.”
What d’you suppose I care if I’m a gentleman or not? If I were a gentleman I shouldn’t waste my time with a vulgar slut like you.
- The rules about opening doors and buying dinner and all of that other ‘gentleman’ stuff is a chess game, especially these days.”
- “Man is never so manly as when he feels deeply, acts boldly and expresses himself with frankness and with fervor.”
- “A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.”
- With a gentleman I am always a gentleman and a half, and with a fraud I try to be a fraud and a half.
- We sometimes meet an original gentleman, who, if manners had not existed, would have invented them.”
- A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me.”
“The only infallible rule we know is, that the man who is always talking about being a gentleman never is one.
- Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange.
- Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.
- “Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.”
- You will be judged by what you succeed at gentlemen, not by what you attempt.”
Gentleman Quotes For Him
Gentleman Quotes For Him. Never underestimate the difference a small act of kindness can make in someone’s day.
- It is almost a definition of a gentleman to say that he is one who never inflicts pain.
- Anyone can be heroic from time to time, but a gentleman is something you have to be all the time.”
- A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine.”
- A gentleman doesn’t have one set of manners for the house of a poor man and another for the house of someone with an income incomparable to his own.”
- A gentleman holds my hand. A man pulls my hair. A soulmate will do both.
- Don’t ever stray from yourself, in order to be close to someone that doesn’t have the courtesy to remind you of your worth, or the integrity of a gentleman to walk you home.
- “Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.”
- As a general rule, it pays to be confident, helpful and nice.
Related- Know Your Worth Quotes»
- This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him”
- She was so delicate that, while we sat beneath the linden branches, a leaf would fall and drift down and touch her skin, and it would leave a bruise. So as we sat in the afternoon hour, beneath that fragrant linden bower, I had to chase all of the leafs that fell away.
- The inspiration of the Bible depends upon the ignorance of the gentleman who reads it.”
- “Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection must finish him.”
- I would like to think that I’m a gentleman and a nice guy.”
- “A true gentleman is one who is never unintentionally rude.”
- Keep your nerves in check.
- A gentleman is simply a patient wolf.
- A hero walks proudly with his head up. A hero walks with a purpose. A hero’s always a gentleman.”
- Actions prove who someone is, words just prove who they want to be.
- Whether the gentleman is capable or not, he is loved all the same; conversely the petty man is loathed all the same.
- Talk about things you’re genuinely passionate about.
Rules of a Gentleman Quotes
If you want to improve the way you carry yourself, it might be time to take a page out of these Rules of a Gentleman.
- Those prancing little pants-wetters come here to learn the colorful and gentlemanly art of fencing, with its many sporting limitations and its proscriptions against dishonorable engagements. You on the other hand, you are going to learn how to kill men with a sword.
- Perfect soldier, perfect gentleman never gave offence to anyone, not even the enemy.”
- “A man does what he must—in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures—and that is t he basis of all human morality.”
- A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.
- Come on, gentleman; let us drink to our stupidity.
- “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
- Prayer gives a man the opportunity of getting to know a gentleman he hardly ever meets. I do not mean his maker, but himself.
- The look of a gentleman is little else than the reflection of the looks of the world.”
Related- Smartness Quotes»
- “A gentleman knows his actions carry more weight than any words spoken.”
- I gasp. The profoundness of such a gesture, from a self-seeking fae, touches my soul. The only thing predictable about my future king is his unpredictability. “You once told me you wouldn’t be a gentleman. You lied.”
- “Profaneness is a brutal vice. He who indulges in it is no gentleman.”
- Showcase your wit and humour.
- Be an excellent listener.
- Chivalry: It’s the little boy that kisses my hand, the young man who holds the door open for me, and the old man who tips his hat to me. None of it is a reflection of me, but a reflection of them.
- The object of golf is not just to win. It is to play like a gentleman, and win.”
- “Etiquette is more important than a handshake. It’s code for the way things are done.”
- “I was brought up to be a gentleman. That means you know how to walk, talk and dress the part.”
- Express with your body.
- Anyone can be heroic from time to time, but a gentleman is something which you have to be all the time. Which isn’t easy.”
- Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.”
Short Gentleman Quotes
Here are the best, most helpful short gentleman quotes that I could find.
- Hardship is the native soil of manhood and self-reliance.
- What I will no longer accept is the mediocre life of a modest little gentleman.
- “The only infallible rule we know is, that the man who is always talking about being a gentleman never is one.”
- “A wise person knows that there is something to be learned from everyone.”
- It’s attention to detail that makes the difference between average and stunning.”
- “Celebrate the effort, for it is in the trying that you discover you.”
- About this business of being a gentleman: I paid so heavily for the fourteen years of my gentleman’s education that I feel entitled, now and then, to get some sort of return.
- It’s not polite to refuse to dress for a party. It’s an insult to your hostess. After all, correct dress is a part of good manners.”
- Be humble. Be hungry. And be the hardest worker in the room.
Related- No Expectation Quotes»
- Looking good isn’t self-importance; it’s self-respect.
- It was the act of a gentleman, and Damian was as gentle as a cactus.
- Manners must adorn knowledge, and smooth its way through the world. Like a great rough diamond, it may do very well in a closet by way of curiosity, and also for its intrinsic value.”
- I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.”
- A man’s own good breeding is the best security against other people’s ill manners.”
- My kids have played sports all their life, and one thing I’ve tried to teach them when you lose, you try to be a gentleman about it.”
- “Be so good they can’t ignore you.”
- Be well dressed, behave like a gentleman, and keep your shoes shined.
- I do not believe our gentleman Boy Scout should obsess about combat. I do think he ought to be concerned about combat readiness. A man, however hard he works for peace, must always be ready for war.
- Good manners have much to do with the emotions. To make them ring true, one must feel them, not merely exhibit them.”
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
Gentleman Quotes for Instagram
Gentleman Quotes For Instagram captions are a great way for you to create the right Instagram caption when reposting something on Instagram.
- Listening is an art that requires attention over talent, spirit over ego, others over self.”
- The final test of a gentleman is his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him.
- Coming close to death is a humbling experience.
- Beauty opens your eyes, intelligence opens your mind but good manners will open your heart.”
- “Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.”
- Masculinity is not something given to you, but something you gain. And you gain it by winning small battles with honor.”
- A gentleman never talks about his tailor.
- I can make a lord, but only God can make a gentleman.
- She switched the music from her party jam to slow country. Matt Stell’s song, “I prayed for you” came on and she wondered if a man would ever love her like that.
- It doesn’t matter how many A-levels you have, what kind of a degree you have, if you have good manners, people will like you.”
- “Don’t wait until you are ready to take action. Instead, take action to be ready.”
- One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.”
- He gave her one last slow kiss, before forcing himself out the door and into the night.
- Morgan locked the door and placed a hand over her wildly beating heart. “Exclusive.” He didn’t want anyone else. A smile took over her face…
A gentleman uses quotes as a way to have a gentle conversation that will spark up a romantic, aesthetic or just trendy conversation.
True gentlemen are quite rare these days, but it doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Not everyone is a gentleman, but let’s take a look at true examples of gents through these quotes.