Most of the people who said these quotes are the most popular figures in their generation, therefore that makes these quotes very meaningful. Growing up quotes and sayings can be nice reminders to those who are still starting their lives.
Growing up is hard to do.. so we’ll make it easy for you with these Growing Up Quotes that tell it like it is. Somethings never change, and growing up will always be difficult.
Life is filled with so many quotes that you can memorize and take part of your everyday life. With more experiences in life, comes a little more wisdom and a little more knowledge to share with those who are younger than us.
Growing Up Quotes
This page is dedicated to the quotes about growing up that could guide anyone in the right direction for a better future.
Growing up can be tough. And today’s world is full of challenges. Let these quotes and sayings help you through the peak and valley moments in life.
- Maturity is a high price to pay for growing up.” — tom stoppard
- Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.
- “the turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.”
- A flapper is just a little girl trying to grow up – in the process of growing up.
- “look forward to the wonderment of growing up, raising a family, and driving by the gas station where the popular kids now work.”
- As long as you’re green, you’re growing. As soon as you’re ripe, you start to rot.” — ray kroc
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
- Age is a necessary but insufficient requirement for growing up. There are immature old people, and there are appropriately mature young people.”
- Money was a big differentiator when i was growing up, but i made sure it doesn’t stay that way.
- Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.”
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.”
- The trick is growing up without growing old.” — casey stengel
- Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter could be said to remedy anything.
Today the world changes so quickly that in growing up we take leave not just of youth but of the world we were young in.
- Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.”
- Don’t you find it odd,” she continued, “that when you’re a kid, everyone, all the world, encourages you to follow your dreams. But when you’re older, somehow they act offended if you even try.
- “I can’t go back to yesterday because i was a different person then.”
- “Do grow up. Don’t worry, sleeping late in the morning is part of the plan.”
- Most people don’t grow up. Most people age. They find parking spaces, honor their credit cards, get married, have children, and call that maturity. What that is, is aging.”
Inspirational Quotes Growing Up
Growing up quotes can be meant to inspire and uplift while other quotes make you laugh. I have a collection of inspirational quotes and sayings which are sure to inspire your day.
- Everyone thinks you make mistakes when you’re young. But i don’t think we make any fewer when we’re grown up.
- We were under a lot of financial pressure when i was growing up.
- “no amount of me trying to explain myself was doing any good. I didn’t even know what was going on inside of me, so how could i have explained it to them?”
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
- Never did the world make a queen of a girl who hides in houses and dreams without traveling.
- “growth is the only evidence of life.”
- Growth is life, and life is for ever destined to make for light.”
- When they tell you to grow up, they mean stop growing.”
- Don’t try to make me grow up before my time…
- If you’re gonna screw up, do it while you’re young. Older you get, the harder it is to bounce back.”
Related- Inspirational Quotes»
- Let’s learn to grow up, before we grow old.”
- “who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.”
- No work so great, but what admits decay,
- Relax. You will become an adult, you will figure out your career, you will find someone who loves you. You have a whole lifetime; time takes time. The only way to fail at life is to abstain.”
- Growing older is not upsetting; being perceived as old is.”
- You are growing into consciousness, and my wish for you is that you feel no need to constrict yourself to make other people comfortable.
- That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget.”
- “you must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler.”
- Despite being what would now be called a deprived child in a one-parent family, i did not grow up with an urge to smash windows or to bash old ladies over the head in order to steal handbags.”
- You don’t stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.”
Grow Up Quotes
We have all been there. This is a simple collection of Grow Up Quotes and sayings that will help you during your time of need.
- I want to be the best version of myself for anyone who is going to someday walk into my life and need someone to love them beyond reason.
- “young alienation, disappointment and heartache is all a part of the first real growing up that we do.”
- “Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.”
- They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.”
- The real magic wand is the child’s own mind.”
- “Life is change.”
- A grown-up is a child with layers on.”
- The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.”
- Kids think with their brains cracked wide open; becoming an adult, i’ve decided, is only a slow sewing shut.
Related- Strong Men Quotes»
- “Born to be wild – live to outgrow it.”
- Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.”
- “Refusing to grow up is like refusing to accept your limitations. That’s why i don’t think we’ll ever grow up.” – robert smith
- “Growing up is losing some illusions in order to acquire others.”
- Whenever i am in a difficult situation where there seems to be no way out, i think about all the times i have been in such situations and say to myself, “i did it before, so i can do it again.
- Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you’re in diapers; the next day you’re gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul.”
- Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.
- “Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.”
- At every step the child should be allowed to meet the real experience of life; the thorns should never be plucked from his roses.
- He stood at the window of the empty cafe and watched the activites in the square and he said that it was good that god kept the truths of life from the young as they were starting out or else they’d have no heart to start at all.
- Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.
Short Quotes About Growing Up
What ever your age, here are some short quotes about growing up to help you put things in perspective.
- I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever i was now.
- “The birds are molting. If only man could molt also — his mind once a year its errors, his heart once a year its useless passions.”
- Growing up in america is like being taught to be stupid.
- A tiny daughter gives parents a life in a climate of perpetual wonder.”
- The creator in you is the child set free.” – vince gowmon
- Hugs can do great amounts of good, especially for children.”
- My mother… she is beautiful, softened at the edges, and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.”
Related- Short Inspirational Quotes»
- Oh”, she thought, “how horrible it is that people have to grow up-and marry-and change!
- “Man’s yesterday may ne’er be like his tomorrow;
- Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.”
- As i learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother.”
- Morning and noon and night, sleeping and waking,
- “I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed.”
- “Stubbornness does have its helpful features. You always know what you are going to be thinking tomorrow.”
- Adults follow paths. Children explore.” – neil gaiman
- In general my children refuse to eat anything that hasn’t danced in television.”
- Summer and winter, always, always changing…”
- Noble fathers have noble children.”
Quotes About Growing Up And Moving On
If you are looking for quotes about growing up and moving on, you have come to the right place. We have a large collection of quotes that will inspire, motivate and strengthen your mind.
- When we are children, we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.” — patrick rothfuss, the name of the wind
- He nods, as if to acknowledge that endings are almost always a little sad, even when there is something to look forward to on the other side.
- Lunchtime and recess, that was a big part for me growing up. I think it’s important for kids to have that.
- It takes years to learn the difference between who to let go and who to be patient with. The same way it takes years to know what you deserve and what you don’t. So hang in there — growth and experience come with time.”
- I met a boy whose eyes showed me that the past, present and future were all the same thing.
- My dad said to me growing up: ‘when all is said and done, if you can count all your true friends on one hand, you’re a lucky man.’
- Beauty is a radiance that originates from within and comes from inner security and strong character.”
- One of the oddest things about being grown-up was looking back at something you thought you knew and finding out the truth of it was completely different from what you had always believed.
Related- Move on Quotes»
- I think it’s important for little girls growing up, and young women, to have one in every walk of life. So from that point of view, i’m proud to be a role model!
- I love my boys. I love watching them growing up. I love seeing them develop, and i’m always looking forward to seeing what they’re going to become and what they’re going to be interested in later in life.
- My dad encouraged us to fail. Growing up, he would ask us what we failed at that week. If we didn’t have something, he would be disappointed. It changed my mindset at an early age that failure is not the outcome, failure is not trying. Don’t be afraid to fail.
- “parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” — anne frank
- He was painfully shy, which, as is often the manner of the painfully shy, he overcompensated for by being too loud at the wrong times.
- Artificial intelligence is growing up fast, as are robots whose facial expressions can elicit empathy and make your mirror neurons quiver.
- A child can ask a thousand questions that the wisest man cannot answer.”
- Wasn’t it beautiful when you believed in everything?”
- In increments both measurable and not, our childhood is stolen from us — not always in one momentous event but often in a series of small robberies, which add up to the same loss.
- Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.”
- Where’d the days go, when all we did was play? And the stress that we were under wasn’t stress at all just a run and a jump into a harmless fall
Growing up doesn’t need to be hard. Quotes can help you try to make sense of growing up and enjoy it. Here are quotes to help you cope with growing up and face adulthood.
Growing up is a process that many of us are still going through. Most of the time, we don’t really get a say in how it happens. And growing up can sometimes be a long and frightening process.
This is why some people like myself, choose to surround themselves with friends and family who will help them through tough times or lend an ear when they need someone to talk to.