These Hellen Keller quotes, drawn from her autobiography and her entire life, tell the inspiring story of a woman who challenged arbitrary limitations in the name of human rights, an activist for the disabled whose legacy still inspires hope and change.
She is great for anyone with a disability or someone who wants to become more involved. These Hellen Keller Quotes will inspire you.
This post allows you to view quotes by Hellen Keller – an eternal champion of women. Whether you are a fan or not this post is for everyone and provides quotes you will remember.
Hellen Keller Quotes
Famous quotes by Helen Keller, a pioneering deafblind activist. Helen Keller was an American author, political activist, and lecturer.
Her each and every quote will inspire you and will motivate you in your life. Read these golden words by Hellen Keller and explore yourself.
- “It’s wonderful to climb the liquid mountains of the sky. Behind me and before me is God and I have no fears.” –Hellen Keller
- “Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.” –Hellen Keller
- “Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in this world.” –Hellen Keller
- “While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was done.” –Hellen Keller
- “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” –Hellen Keller
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” –Hellen Keller
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” –Hellen Keller
- “Until the great mass of the people shall be filled with the sense of responsibility for each other’s welfare, social justice can never be attained.” –Hellen Keller
“What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” –Hellen Keller
- “Unless we form the habit of going to the Bible in bright moments as well as in trouble, we cannot fully respond to its consolations because we lack equilibrium between light and darkness.” –Hellen Keller
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” –Hellen Keller
- “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” –Hellen Keller
- “Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that we are among the privileged.” –Hellen Keller
Hellen Keller Quotes on Education
There is a deeply-rooted connection between our eyes and our life. Many people inspire us with their works and teachings. And, Hellen Keller’s step-by-step education method in her American school also encourages us to loosen up the bonds that the world has created and follow the path of our heart.
- “Life is either a great adventure or nothing.”–Hellen Keller
- “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.” –Hellen Keller
- “Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.” –Hellen Keller
- “It is not possible for civilization to flow backwards while there is youth in the world. Youth may be headstrong, but it will advance it allotted length.” –Hellen Keller
- “It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.” –Hellen Keller
- “Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.” –Hellen Keller
- “True happiness. is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” –Hellen Keller
- “I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.” –Hellen Keller
- “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” –Hellen Keller
Related- Kevin Gates Quotes»
- “Knowledge is love and light and vision.” –Hellen Keller
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” –Hellen Keller
- “Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” –Hellen Keller
- “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” –Hellen Keller
Hellen Keller Quotes Inspirational
Read these inspiring quotes of Helen Keller, deaf and blind girl who overcame impossible odds to become a great speaker, writer, and human advocate.”
- “It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.” –Hellen Keller
- “Smell is a potent wizard that transports you across thousands of miles and all the years you have lived.” –Hellen Keller
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” –Hellen Keller
- “As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision.” –Hellen Keller
- “Once I knew only darkness and stillness. my life was without past or future. but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living.” –Hellen Keller
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” –Hellen Keller
- “Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” –Hellen Keller
- “Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.” –Hellen Keller
- “All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming.” –Hellen Keller
Related- Franz Kafka Quotes»
- “Many people know so little about what is beyond their short range of experience. They look within themselves – and find nothing! Therefore they conclude that there is nothing outside themselves either.” –Hellen Keller
- “The highest result of education is tolerance.” –Hellen Keller
- “I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” –Hellen Keller
- “Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all – the apathy of human beings.” –Hellen Keller
Most of us go through life dreading we have to die; we worry about our jobs, or the economy, or the government. But Helen Keller thought differently. She believed that silence was golden — and she was right.
These are my favorite quotes have by Helen Keller, a famous blind and deaf activist. She is one of the most influential woman in history was said to have a world-view uncommon in the sighted world.
Hope you like this great collection of Hellen Keller Quotes, do share it with your friends and relatives and let them give a chance to know more about Helen Keller.