Lost Quotes is the largest collection of famous quotes and sayings. It was built to help you find quotes quickly, and with a beautiful interface.
This is a collection of quotes that have been lost in time. Lost Quotes is an experiment, meant to bring these quotes to light once again.
This collection of quotes is dedicated to the preservation of truth in quote attribution.
Life is not what I expected it to be, but it’s still beautiful. The quote above is one of the sayings about life that I really like, and it is the start of my collection of lost quotes and sayings.
It allows users to easily share and collect their favorite quotes in one place. So collect the best one from here.
- “Not all those who wander are lost.”
- ‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” -Joseph Campbell
- “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” ― Vivian Greene
- Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. -Henry David Thoreau
- “Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.” –Richard Bach.
- “There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart’s desire. The other is to gain it.” ― George Bernard Shaw
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, pave another one.” -Dolly Parton
In the middle of the journey of our life I came to myself within a dark wood where the straight way was lost. -Dante Alighieri
- “But fate ordains that dearest friends must part.” -Edward Young.
- “I’m not sure this is a world I belong in anymore. I’m not sure that I want to wake up.” ― Gayle Forman, If I Stay
- When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. Billy Graham
- “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out.” -Katherine Dunham
- When you’re feeling lost, take heart. It’s just your brain gathering the information it needs to make good decisions. -Josh Kaufman
- “Just keep going like crazy and look back when it’s over. Otherwise, you just get confused.” – Cliff Burton
- “To be lost is as legitimate a part of your process as being found.” – Alex Ebert
- “If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, do not accept, as you may lose a friend.” -Saint Augustine
- “In this world, it is too common for people to search for someone to lose themselves in. But I am already lost. I will look for someone to find myself in.” ― C. JoyBell C.
- I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process. -Vincent Van Gogh
Feeling Lost Quotes
We have gathered some of the best quotes around with which you can better understand life and look at it from a new perspective.
- “A tree that is unbending is usually broken.” -Loa Tzu
- No matter how much light I carry within me, there will always be times of feeling lost, being confused, seeking direction. It is the way of the human heart. -Joyce Rupp
- “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
- “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.” -Charles Caleb Colton.
- “Weeping is not the same thing as crying. It takes your whole body to weep, and when it’s over, you feel like you don’t have any bones left to hold you up.” ― Sarah Ockler
- Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength. Betty Friedan
- You can regain control and happiness. You will.
- The soul which has no fixed purpose in life is lost; to be everywhere, is to be nowhere. -Michel de Montaigne
- “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” ―Henry Rollins
- “Friendship is like a glass ornament, once it is broken, it can rarely be put back together in exactly the same way.” -Charles Kingsley
“If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.” ― Masaru Emoto
- True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost. Charles Caleb Colton
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” -George Bernard Shaw
- The risk of a wrong decision is preferable to the terror of indecision. –Maimonides
- “The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything but they make the most of everything.” – Sam Cawthorn
- “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” ― Erol Ozan
- “Man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence.” -Joseph Roux.
- Never regret anything you have done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart. Basil Rathbone
- If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment.
- Every one goes astray, but the least imprudent are they who repent the soonest. –Voltaire
Being Lost Quotes
The lost quotes will give inspiration to your heart and make you think deeply about life. Here are some quotes posted on Being Lost. Come and see .
- “Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks up.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A lot of things come with fame, whether it’s losing friends or losing family.” -Young Jeezy.
- “Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it’s way back to you.” ― Ranata Suzuki
- To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. -Gustave Flaubert
- “You got to go down a lot of wrong roads to find the right one.” -Bob Parson
- Man’s true nature being lost, everything becomes his nature; as, his true good being lost, everything becomes his good. -Blaise Pascal
- “Right is right, and wrong is wrong, and when people start getting it confused, that means they need to sit down with some real people.” – Chuck D
- “Friendship must never be buried under the weight of misunderstanding.” -Sri Chinmoy.
- “I thought you were gone forever, I thought you’d walked away from everything, because I failed, because I destroyed the only thing that ever mattered to me. I waited for you to come, but you didn’t.” ― Alexandra Adornetto
Related- Motivational Thoughts»
- You cannot afford to wait for perfect conditions. Goal setting is often a matter of balancing timing against available resources. Opportunities are easily lost while waiting for perfect conditions. Gary Ryan Blair
- Sometimes, you have to stop thinking so much and just go where your heart takes you.
- Many of us know nothing other than a directionless cadence, having left the footprints of our lives meandering down a road that’s meandering itself. -Craig D Lounsbrough
- “The fears we don’t face become our limits.” – Amy Elizabeth
- “True regret is knowing you missed your only opportunity to be simply a good friend to someone that was exactly like you.” -Shannon L. Alder
- “You get use to someone—start to like them, even—and they leave. In the end, everyone leaves.” ― Rachel Ward
- It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all. –Samuel Butler
- Don’t underestimate the healing power of music, the ocean, and the stars.
- When you are directionless like we are right now, people are looking for something to hang their hat on. -John Pickett
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” — Henry Ford
- “Even the best of friends cannot attend each other’s funeral.” -Kehlog Albran
When all Seems Lost Quotes
A good loss quote can help you realize that you are not alone, it will give you a boost of encouragement during those times where you need it most.
- “It can take years to mold a dream. It takes only a fraction of a second for it to be shattered.” ― Mary E. Pearson
- To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. -Gustave Flaubert
- “No man is free who cannot control himself.” –Pythagoras
- What leads us astray is confusing more choices with more control. Because it is not clear that the more choices you have the more in control you feel. We have more choices than we’ve ever had before. -Sheena Iyengar
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks. Daniel Boone
- “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.” -A.A. Milne
- “There is an ocean of silence between us… and I am drowning in it.” ― Ranata Suzuki
- “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” -Henry Rollins
Related- Reality of Life Quotes»
- It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way. -Dr. Rollo May
- “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Robert
- “The comfort of having a friend may be taken away, but not that of having had one.” –Seneca
- “Yeah, but the lost diadem,” said Michael Corner, rolling his eyes, “is lost, Luna. That’s sort of the point.” ― J.K. Rowling
- Of all the things I’ve lost I miss my mind the most. -Ozzy Osbourne
- “Children are happy because they don’t have a file in their minds called, ‘All The Things That Could Go Wrong.” -Marianne Williamson
- A young man is so strong, so mad, so certain, and so lost. He has everything and he is able to use nothing. -Thomas Wolfe
- “We generate fears when we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
- “Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” -Terri Guillemets
- “No one compares to you, but there’s no you, except in my dreams tonight.” ― Lana Del Rey
- What a terrible thing to have lost one’s mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is. Dan Quayle
- If it comes, let it. If it goes, let it.
What You Lost Quotes
Sometimes, everything you had is lost. But that doesn’t mean lost forever. You just have to show some determination and keep moving ahead.
- Feeling lost? Take a dream and convert it into small goals, then start taking the steps to hit those goals. -Dave Ramsey
- “You have to be strong and calm to overcome difficult moments.” – Dani Alves
- “When a close friend unexpectedly leaves us, a piece of our heart is forever broken.” -Chris Lumpkin
- “The quiet sense of something lost” ― Tennyson
- If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. Winston Churchill
- “The fears we don’t face become our limits.” -Amy Elizabeth
- “You have power over your mind―not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” ― Marcus Aurelius
- “You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can’t forget. Those are your friends.” -Mark Twain
- I lost some time once. It’s always in the last place you look for it. -Neil Gaiman
- “We are forlorn like children, and experienced like old men, we are crude and sorrowful and superficial—I believe we are lost.” ― Erich Maria Remarque
- Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life. Brooke Shields
- There are people who would love to have your bad days…
- I am suffocated and lost when I have not the bright feeling of progression. -Margaret Fuller
- “Whenever I’m confused about something, I ask God to reveal the answers to my questions, and he does.” – Beyonce Knowles
- “You don’t lose friends, because real friends can never be lost.” -Mandy Hale
- “My heart is lost; the beasts have eaten it.” ― Charles Baudelaire
- We cannot stop natural disasters but we can arm ourselves with knowledge: so many lives wouldn’t have to be lost if there was enough disaster preparedness. -Petra Nemcova
Related- Feeling Lonely Quotes»
- Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.
- Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us. -Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- “If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” — Vincent Van Gogh
- “Losing money is a big loss, losing friends is greater than the loss.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I think perhaps I will always hold a candle for you – even until it burns my hand.
- And when the light has long since gone …. I will be there in the darkness holding what remains, quite simply because I cannot let go. ― Ranata Suzuki
- There can be no failure to a man who has not lost his courage, his character, his self respect, or his self-confidence. He is still a King. -Orison Swett Marden
- “If you can’t handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” -Marilyn Monroe
- The best thing we can do is to make wherever we’re lost in look as much like home as we can. -Christopher Fry
- “You’ve got to stay strong to be strong in tough times.” – Tilman J. Fertitta
Related- Feeling Alone Quotes»
- “The problem with having friends was that you might lose them.” -Gwenda Bond
- Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving. -William Shakespeare
- “Nothing is more beautiful than the smile that has struggled through the tears.” -Demi Lovato
- It felt as if things were literally slipping through my fingers. Things were just streaming away from me. I lost my sense of humor. I’m still looking for that. -Michelle Williams
- “The soul which has no fixed purpose in life is lost; to be everywhere, is to be nowhere.” – Michel de Montaigne
Life can be hard sometimes, but there are plenty of quotes that will get you through it.
Lost quotes about life can help us overcome not only the painful days, but also remind us of the importance of the people around us as well as what is truly important in life.
When you lose someone, you take the best of them with you. You keep their spirit alive by remembering them & filling your life with memories.
1. There’s no greater grief than love when it goes.
2. You are still the same to me. You are in my heart. I will forever love you.
3. For every goodbye, there’s a hello. And for every hello, there’s another goodbye.
Hello. I’ve been trying to reach you. To tell you that I’m sorry for everything I did wrong or failed to do for you. I’ve missed so many chances to say the right thing, to you. I’m really sorry for everything. I love you with all my heart… That will never be broken.
Lost love is a complicated thing. To some, it’s a feeling that you’ve lost someone that may have been taken from you violently.
Sometimes love can be found later. And sometimes it needs to be accepted that you will never be with the person you had once lost.
Here are the best love quotes ever:
1. True love doesn’t have a happy ending. Because true love never ends.
2. Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.
3. True love is rare, and it’s the only thing that gives life real meaning.
4. A life without love is sad, but a broken heart is worse.
2 thoughts on “100+ (BEST) Lost Quotes about Love, Life and Family”
Comments are closed.