Carl Jung, one of the most influential figures in the 20th century, was a Swiss psychiatrist who developed the concept of psychological types, advocating that people should be aware of their own psychological type to help cope with problems.
Quotes by Carl Jung will help you to learn more about his thoughts and concept. Here, in this post, you will find a collection of his best quotes and sayings.
Many times it’s difficult to understand our own thoughts and feelings. Psychological concepts are not self-explanatory, but Carl Jung explained these concepts clearly in his own words. You can learn a lot about yourself by deeply reading his quotes.
Quotes by Carl Jung
Jung wrote extensively about synchronicity, collective consciousness, and the role of the mother in determining human personality traits.
His work has been influential among millions of people around the world for over a century. Here are some of his most notable quotes and sayings.
- “Every human life contains a potential, if that potential is not fulfilled, then that life was wasted.” –Carl Jung
- “To find out what is truly individual in ourselves, profound reflection is needed; and suddenly we realize how uncommonly difficult the discovery of individuality is.” –Carl Jung
- “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves” –Carl Jung
- “The majority of my patients consisted not of believers but of those who had lost their faith.” –Carl Jung
- “The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.” –Carl Jung
- “Thinking is difficult, that’s why most people judge.” –Carl Jung
- “Nobody, as long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.” –Carl Jung
- “Sometimes you have to do something unforgivable just to be able to go on living.” –Carl Jung
- “Who has fully realized that history is not contained in thick books but lives in our very blood?” –Carl Jung
- “We should not pretend to understand the world only by the intellect; we apprehend it just as much by feeling. Therefore, the judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy.” –Carl Jung
“Midlife is the time to let go of an overdominant ego and to contemplate the deeper significance of human existence.” –Carl Jung
- “Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also.” –Carl Jung
- “The greatest tragedy of the family is the unlived lives of the parents.” –Carl Jung
Related- Quotes by George Orwell»
- ” Freedom stretches only as far as the limits of our consciousness.” –Carl Jung
- “There is no coming to consciousness without pain.” –Carl Jung
- “A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.” –Carl Jung
- “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.” –Carl Jung
Carl Jung Motivational Quotes
Quotes by Carl Jung can help you express your feelings, boost your mood and inspire yourself. The following list contains famous quotes often said by Carl Jung. This is a collection of his most profound quotes and sayings.
- “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” –Carl Jung
- “The true leader is always led.” –Carl Jung
- “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” –Carl Jung
- “It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves.” –Carl Jung
- “We are so captivated by and entangled in our subjective consciousness that we have forgotten the age-old fact that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions.” –Carl Jung
- “Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” –Carl Jung
- “The first half of life is devoted to forming a healthy ego, the second half is going inward and letting go of it.” –Carl Jung
- “We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.” –Carl Jung
- “Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism.” –Carl Jung
“The healthy man does not torture others – generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.” –Carl Jung
- “Shrinking away from death is something unhealthy and abnormal which robs the second half of life of its purpose.” –Carl Jung
- “Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling.” –Carl Jung
- “Shame is a soul eating emotion.” –Carl Jung
- “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.” –Carl Jung
Related- Ayn Rand Quotes of Philosophy»
- “The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.” –Carl Jung
- “Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.” –Carl Jung
- “The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.” –Carl Jung
- “The best political, social, and spiritual work we can do is to withdraw the projection of our shadow onto others.” –Carl Jung
- “We are born at a given moment, in a given place, and like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year and of the season in which we are born” –Carl Jung
This collection includes some of his most famous quotes on a variety of topics, such as relationships, consciousness, and introspection. It is meant to provide inspiration for those who seek meaning in life and an understanding of the human experience.
So I hope these quotes by Carl Jung help you a lot and you got totally a new experience from here.