Quotes by Jim Morrison will influence you and will help you in your life. This blog is dedicated to sharing quotes and sayings by Jim Morrison to his influencer.
Jim Morrison was an American singer-songwriter, poet and artist best known as the lead singer of the rock band The Doors.
His messages are more powerful though when you put them into context, and we have done our best to provide that here. Must read quotes by Jim Morrison for any big Jim fan!
Quotes by Jim Morrison
The following quotations and sayings contain the most significant thoughts and perspectives of Jim Morrison.
Read these awesome collections and learn more about Jim Morrison.
- “Hatred is a very underestimated emotion.” –Jim Morrison
- “There are no laws, there are no rules, just grab your friend and love him.” –Jim Morrison
- “No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.” –Jim Morrison
- “I like people who shake other people up and make them feel uncomfortable.” –Jim Morrison
- “Love cannot save you from your own fate.” –Jim Morrison
- “Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts.” –Jim Morrison
- “Time to live, time to lie, time to laugh, and time to die. Take it easy baby. Take it as it comes.” –Jim Morrison
- “It may have been in pieces, but I gave you the best of me.” –Jim Morrison
- “The future is uncertain but the end is always near.” –Jim Morrison
“Music inflames temperament.” –Jim Morrison
- “When you make your peace with authority, you become authority.” –Jim Morrison
- “Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free. ” –Jim Morrison
- “There are things known and things unknown and in between are the doors.” –Jim Morrison
- “I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft.” –Jim Morrison
Famous Quotes by Jim Morrison
The words of Jim Morrison are forever in our hearts. The following is a collection of quotes and sayings by this rock legend.
- “Listen, real poetry doesn’t say anything; it just ticks off the possibilities. Opens all doors. You can walk through anyone that suits you.” –Jim Morrison
- “The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder.” –Jim Morrison
- “A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them.” –Jim Morrison
- “You feel your strength in the experience of pain.” –Jim Morrison
- “I’ve noticed that when people are joking they’re usually dead serious, and when they’re serious, they’re usually pretty funny.” –Jim Morrison
- “Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is.” –Jim Morrison
- “Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors. ” –Jim Morrison
“Through art they confuse us and blind us to our enslavement. Art adorns our prison walls, keeps us silent and diverted and indifferent.” –Jim Morrison
- “You live you die and death not ends it.” –Jim Morrison
- “Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws.” –Jim Morrison
Related- Kevin Gates Quotes»
- “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” –Jim Morrison
- “No one here gets out alive.” –Jim Morrison
- “The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye…until we meet again” –Jim Morrison
Jim Morrison Quotes From Songs & Poems
Amazing collection of quotes and captions by Jim Morrison from his songs and poems.
- “We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.” –Jim Morrison
- “Actually I don’t remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs.” –Jim Morrison
- “Whoever controls the media, controls the mind.” –Jim Morrison
- “That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is. Most people love you for who you pretend to be. To keep their love, you keep pretending – performing. You get to love your pretence. It’s true, we’re locked in an image, an act – and the sad thing is, people get so used to their image, they grow attached to their masks. They love their chains. They forget all about who they really are. And if you try to remind them, they hate you for it, they feel like you’re trying to steal their most precious possession. ” –Jim Morrison
- “Violence isn’t always evil. What’s evil is the infatuation with violence.” –Jim Morrison
- “I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.” –Jim Morrison
- “Between childhood, boyhood, adolescence and manhood (maturity) there should be sharp lines drawn with tests, deaths, feats, rites, stories, songs, and judgments.” –Jim Morrison
- “People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.” –Jim Morrison
- “It’s like gambling somehow. You go out for a night of drinking and you don’t know where you’re going to end up the next day. It could work out good or it could be disastrous. It’s like the throw of the dice.” –Jim Morrison
Related- Quotes by Oscar Wilde»
- “I think the highest and lowest points are the important ones. Anything else is just in between.” –Jim Morrison
- “I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps Oh look at that! Then- whoosh, and I’m gone and they’ll never see anything like it ever again and they won’t be able to forget me- ever.” –Jim Morrison
- “Out here on the perimeter there are no stars. Out here we is stoned Immaculate. ” –Jim Morrison
- “A man searching for paradise lost can seem a fool to those who never sought the other world.” –Jim Morrison
There can never be enough quotes by Jim Morrison on the web, I thought I’d just create a single page that links to as many inspirational Jim Morrison quotes as possible, perhaps this can act as a gateway and inspire you to learn more about the man who has inspired millions.