Quotes by Lord Byron collection brings together a carefully edited selection of his most memorable and celebrated lines, drawn from the full range of his literary work. Each quote is presented in its original form.
Just read the post of this classic collection of Lord Byron’s finest poetry and discover why he has been described as “the noblest Roman of them all.”
This enchanting post offers an enchanting selection from the works of that fieriest, passionate and driven of poets.
Quotes by Lord Byron
A collection of quotes by the famous 18th century British poet Lord Byron. Open your door to the world of learning with the Lord Byron Collection.
Now a new generation can read, enjoy and be inspired by Lord Byron quotes, anywhere anytime!
- “What a strange thing man is; and what a stranger thing woman.” –Lord Byron
- “The great art of life is sensation, to feel that we exist, even in pain.” –Lord Byron
- “All who joy would win must share it. Happiness was born a Twin.” –Lord Byron
- “Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication.” –Lord Byron
- “Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.” –Lord Byron
- “Lovers may be – and indeed generally are – enemies, but they never can be friends, because there must always be a spice of jealousy and a something of Self in all their speculations.” –Lord Byron
- “Friendship may, and often does, grow into love, but love never subsides into friendship.” –Lord Byron
- “Opinions are made to be changed – or how is truth to be got at?” –Lord Byron
“Absence – that common cure of love.” –Lord Byron
- “Men are the sport of circumstances when it seems circumstances are the sport of men.” –Lord Byron
- “It is odd but agitation or contest of any kind gives a rebound to my spirits and sets me up for a time.” –Lord Byron
Related- Oscar Wilde Quotes»
- “Man’s love is of man’s life a part; it is a woman’s whole existence. In her first passion, a woman loves her lover, in all the others all she loves is love.” –Lord Byron
- “I love not man the less, but Nature more.” –Lord Byron
- “Men think highly of those who r ise rapidly in the world; whereas nothing rises quicker than dust, straw, and feathers.” –Lord Byron
Famous Lord Byron Quotes
Lord Byron was an English poet with a tragic past. He was a great poet and left us with many famous quotes that we may find useful in our own lives.
- “I do detest everything which is not perfectly mutual.” –Lord Byron
- “What is fame? The advantage of being known by people of whom you yourself know nothing, and for whom you care as little.” –Lord Byron
- “Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.” –Lord Byron
- “Smiles form the channels of a future tear.” –Lord Byron
- “Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.” –Lord Byron Advertisement
- “A celebrity is one who is known to many persons he is glad he doesn’t know.” –Lord Byron
- “Death, so called, is a thing which makes men weep, And yet a third of life is passed in sleep.” –Lord Byron
- “A mistress never is nor can be a friend. While you agree, you are lovers; and when it is over, anything but friends.” –Lord Byron
“I only go out to get me a fresh appetite for being alone.” –Lord Byron
- “I have great hopes that we shall love each other all our lives as much as if we had never married at all.” –Lord Byron
- “But what is Hope? Nothing but the paint on the face of Existence; the least touch of truth rubs it off, and then we see what a hollow-cheeked harlot we have got hold of.” –Lord Byron
- “Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.” –Lord Byron
These are the quotes by Lord Byron. Read them and be moved, learn from them and be inspired. Love them and share them with everyone you know. Because even though Byron is long gone, his words live forever.