These inspirational quotes by Napoleon Bonaparte are sure to get you thinking, make you smile, or leave you with a feeling of determination to complete a task.
I think Napoleon is regarded as one of the all-time great military minds and I am a big fan of his personal philosophy. Here are some of my favorite Napoleon quotes.
He stepped down to end his reign at the end of his life. But even though he disappeared from the world’s stage, his influence is still felt today. Quotes by Napoleon Bonaparte have become moral lessons and his “Little Corporal” nickname has become a symbol of determination and courage.
Quotes By Napoleon Bonaparte
Words that will make you rethink how you view the world or will motivate you to get up on your feet and do what you need to do. That’s why I decided to put together a list of quotes by Napoleon Bonaparte.
- “A man cannot become an atheist merely by wishing it.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “History is written by the winners.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Courage is like love; it must have hope for nourishment.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The surest way to remain poor is to be an honest man.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
“If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action comes, stop thinking and go in.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “When soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a battle-field, they have all one rank in my eyes.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The best way to keep one’s word is not to give it.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
Inspirational Quotes By Napoleon Bonaparte
Here is a collection of some of Napoleon Bonaparte’s most famous and greatest inspirational quotes that will help you to encourage yourself.
- “Imagination rules the world” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “History is a set of lies agreed upon.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The truest wisdom is a resolute determination.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “A woman laughing is a woman conquered.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “It is the cause, not the death, that makes the martyr.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “He who knows how to flatter also knows how to slander.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Men take only their needs into consideration – never their abilities.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The torment of precautions often exceeds the dangers to be avoided. It is sometimes better to abandon one’s self to destiny.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “You don’t reason with intellectuals. You shoot them.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Music is the voice that tells us that the human race is greater than it knows.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
Related- Short Inspirational Quotes»
- “A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Men are more easily governed through their vices than through their virtues.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “If I had to choose a religion, the sun as the universal giver of life would be my god.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
Best Quotes By Napoleon Bonaparte
Since repetition is a key factor in learning, I’ve decided to create a resource by collecting the best quotes by Napoleon Bonaparte. And here is the list below.
- “Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy’s ranks.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The extent of your consciousness is limited only by your ability to love and to embrace with your love the space around you, and all it contains.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “It requires more courage to suffer than to die.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The only victories which leave no regret are those which are gained over ignorance.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “As for me, to love you alone, to make you happy, to do nothing which would contradict your wishes, this is my destiny and the meaning of my life.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “When small men attempt great enterprises, they always end by reducing them to the level of their mediocrity.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
Related- Sun Tzu Quotes»
- “Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “A picture is worth a thousand words.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “There are only two forces that unite men – fear and interest.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
- “A leader is a dealer in hope.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
Napoleon Bonaparte was a France historian, politician, and general who is considered by many to be one of the greatest military commanders in history. He conquered much of Europe during his rule and had a major impact on the modern world.
This post contains over fifty quotes by Napoleon Bonaparte on topics such as war, culture, politics, family, courage and human nature.
The great thing about learning what Napoleon said is that you’ll have the advantage of knowing all the wrong things to do in life, and you’ll still be able to succeed.