These Quotes for Equality are dedicated to all those who dream. Those who encourage democracy, freedom, and equality.
Inspiring Quotes about Equality with images and related articles. In modern society, we are faced with discrimination, inequality, police brutality, workplace inequality, gender inequality and homophobia.
Quotes for Equality is a non-profit collection of hundreds of quotes from people of all backgrounds, genders, sexual orientations and political affiliations who all believe in fairness and equality.
Quotes for Equality
This is a collection of carefully selected quotes to ponder over that will help you realize the equality that we all have.
This post provides and shares inspirational quotes on equality issues such as gender, race, sexuality, religion, disability, etc.
- Before God we are all equally wise – and equally foolish. –Albert Einstein
- I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The sweltering summer of the Negro’s legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
- These men ask for just the same thing, fairness, and fairness only. This, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have. -Abraham Lincoln
- We will never have true civilization until we have learned to recognize the rights of others. -Will Rogers
- Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. -Abraham Lincoln
- If liberty and equality, as is thought by some, are chiefly to be found in democracy, they will be best attained when all persons alike share in government to the utmost. -Aristotle
- Coming generations will learn equality from poverty, and love from woes. -Khalil Gibran
- I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers. -Mahatma Gandhi
- All this talk about equality. The only thing people really have in common is that they are all going to die. -Bob Dylan
- I know my country has not perfected itself. At times, we’ve struggled to keep the promise of liberty and equality for all of our people. We’ve made our share of mistakes, and there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions. -Barack Obama
In America, everybody is of the opinion that he has no social superiors, since all men are equal, but he does not admit that he has no social inferiors, for, from the time of Jefferson onward, the doctrine that all men are equal applies only upwards, not downwards. -Bertrand Russell
- If any man claims the Negro should be content… let him say he would willingly change the color of his skin and go to live in the Negro section of a large city. Then and only then has he a right to such a claim. -Robert Kennedy
- Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. -Barry Goldwater
- I am totally against the idea that a Muslim woman should not have the same opportunities as a Muslim man to learn, to open up, to work, help shape the future. To close Islam down to a sexist approach is totally intolerable and ridiculous. It’s not Islam. -King Hussein I
- I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally. -W. C. Fields
Quotes About Treating Everyone Equal
Quotes About Treating Everyone Equal was developed to showcase some of the best quotes out there for creating equality for everyone.
- To be successful, a woman has to be much better at her job than a man. -Golda Meir
- There can be no equality or opportunity if men and women and children be not shielded in their lives from the consequences of great industrial and social processes which they cannot alter, control, or singly cope with. -Woodrow Wilson
- The year was 2081, and everyone was finally equal. -Kurt Vonnegut
- It is better that some should be unhappy rather than that none should be happy, which would be the case in a general state of equality. -Samuel Johnson
- As equality increases, so does the number of people struggling for predominance. -Mason Cooley
- The emotional, sexual, and psychological stereotyping of females begins when the doctor says: It’s a girl. -Shirley Chisholm
- No struggle can ever succeed without women participating side by side with men. -Muhammad Ali Jinnah
- Do not call for black power or green power. Call for brain power. -Barbara Jordan
- In order to get beyond racism, we must first take account of race. There is no other way. And in order to treat some persons equally, we must treat them differently. -Harry A. Blackmun
- Women are the only exploited group in history to have been idealized into powerlessness. -Erica Jong
- One of the things about equality is not just that you be treated equally to a man, but that you treat yourself equally to the way you treat a man. -Marlo Thomas
Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions – it only guarantees equality of opportunity. -Irving Kristol
- The cry of equality pulls everyone down. -Iris Murdoch
- If we were to select the most intelligent, imaginative, energetic, and emotionally stable third of mankind, all races would be present. -Franz Boas
- More countries have understood that women’s equality is a prerequisite for development. -Kofi Annan
- I have no respect for the passion of equality, which seems to me merely idealizing envy. -Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- Women’s rights is not only an abstraction, a cause it is also a personal affair. It is not only about us it is also about me and you. Just the two of us.
- -Toni Morrison
Quotes About Equality And Respect
On Quotes About Equality And Respect, you will find some of the best quotes in the world that can help you live a better life.
- Equality is not in regarding different things similarly, equality is in regarding different things differently. -Tom Robbins
- Private religious speech can’t be discriminated against. It has to be treated equally with secular speech. -Samuel Alito
- People are pretty much alike. It’s only that our differences are more susceptible to definition than our similarities. -Linda Ellerbee
- Virtue can only flourish among equals. -Mary Wollstonecraft
- Equality and development will not be achieved however if peace is not understood from women’s’ point of view. -Jenny Shipley
- Real equality is immensely difficult to achieve, it needs continual revision and monitoring of distributions. And it does not provide buffers between members, so they are continually colliding or frustrating each other. -Mary Douglas
- The extension of women’s rights is the basic principle of all social progress. -Charles Fourier
- Women have a lot to say about how to advance women’s rights, and governments need to learn from that, listen to the movement and respond. -Charlotte Bunch
- Until women learn to want economic independence, and until they work out a way to get this independence without denying themselves the joys of love and motherhood, it seems to me feminism has no roots. -Crystal Eastman
- Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude. -Alexis de Tocqueville
Related- Women Empowerment Quotes»
- I refuse to consign the whole male sex to the nursery. I insist on believing that some men are my equals. -Brigid Brophy
- Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom. -Alexis de Tocqueville
- Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it. -Malcolm x
- Democracy… is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder and dispensing a sort of equality to equ als and unequals alike. -Plato
- I am an aristocrat. I love liberty I hate equality. -John Randolph
Quotes For Equality And Justice
Many quotes about equality and respect. It is important that everyone respects each other, not only now but in the future as well.
- Here are the values that I stand for: honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. -Ellen DeGeneres
- With patient and firm determination, I am going to press on for jobs. I’m going to press on for equality. I’m going to press on for the sake of our children. I’m going to press on for the sake of all those families who are struggling right now. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I am going to press on. -Barack Obama
- I believe in the equality of man and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy. -Thomas Paine
- Just as modern mass production requires the standardization of commodities, so the social process requires standardization of man, and this standardization is called equality. -Erich Fromm
- Then not only custom, but also nature affirms that to do is more disgraceful than to suffer injustice, and that justice is equality. -Plato
- I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and fraternity. -B. R. Ambedkar
- No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer. -George Orwell
- The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. -Anatole France
- A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. -Friedrich August von Hayek
- The land is ours. It’s not European and we have taken it, we have given it to the rightful people… Those of white extraction who happen to be in the country and are farming are welcome to do so, but they must do so on the basis of equality. -Robert Mugabe
- Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance. -Kofi Annan
Related- Hellen Keller Quotes»
- Indians today are governed by two different ideologies. Their political ideal set in the preamble of the Constitution affirms a life of liberty, equality and fraternity. Their social ideal embodied in their religion denies them. -B. R. Ambedkar
- Half a century ago, the amazing courage of Rosa Parks, the visionary leadership of Martin Luther King, and the inspirational actions of the civil rights movement led politicians to write equality into the law and make real the promise of America for all her citizens. -David Cameron
- Subordination tends greatly to human happiness. Were we all upon an equality, we should have no other enjoyment than mere animal pleasure. -Samuel Johnson
- Small natures require despotism to exercise their sinews, as great souls thirst for equality to give play to their heart. -Honore de Balzac
- Disease generally begins that equality which death completes. -Samuel Johnson
Quotes on Equality For All
A collection of the most inspiring and thought-provoking quotes on equality for all.
- The true and solid peace of nations consists not in equality of arms, but in mutual trust alone. -Pope John XXIII
- The main business of religions is to purify, control, and restrain that excessive and exclusive taste for well-being which men acquire in times of equality. -Alexis de Tocqueville
- Humanism was not wrong in thinking that truth, beauty, liberty, and equality are of infinite value, but in thinking that man can get them for himself without grace. -Simone Weil
- Candor is a compliment it implies equality. It’s how true friends talk. -Peggy Noonan
- Proclaim human equality as loudly as you like, Witless will serve his brother. -Thomas Huxley
- The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. -Anatole France
- From the naturalistic point of view, all men are equal. There are only two exceptions to this rule of naturalistic equality: geniuses and idiots. -Mikhail Bakunin
- Socialism values equality more than liberty. -Dennis Prager
- You see, Africa makes a fool of our idea of justice. It makes a farce of our idea of equality. It mocks our pieties. It doubts our concern. It questions our commitment. Because there is no way we can look at what’s happening in Africa, and if we’re honest, conclude that it would ever be allowed to happen anywhere else. -Bono
- Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality – an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. -Friedrich August von Hayek
- I believe there is complete equality between men and women. And I believe those passages in the New Testament, not by Jesus, but by Paul, that say women should not adorn themselves, they should always wear hats or color their hair in church – things like that – I think they are signs of the times and should not apply to modern-day life. -Jimmy Carter
Related- Life & Love Quotes»
- A fundamentalist can’t bring himself or herself to negotiate with people who disagree with them because the negotiating process itself is an indication of implied equality. -Jimmy Carter
- I don’t believe that if I came out as bisexual the world will change. But it’s really important for people to be truthful about who they are and fight for equality. We need to help the world usher itself into the next phase. -Olivia Thirlby
- Equal pay isn’t just a women’s issue when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise and the whole family benefits. -Mike Honda
- His lordship may compel us to be equal upstairs, but there will never be equality in the servants hall. -James M. Barrie
- All imaginable futures are not equally possible. -Kevin Kelly
Quotes About Equality And Fairness
These are quotes by people who believe that all people regardless of their gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability should be treated with respect and equality.
- I want for myself what I want for other women, absolute equality. -Agnes Macphail
- Nobody really believes in equality anyway. -Warren Farrell
- I want to work on respecting individuals’ dignity. Equal rights, that’s where my heart is. That means equal rights and benefits, and that’s what we need. -Christine Gregoire
- In the 1960s we were fighting to be recognized as equals in the marketplace, in marriage, in education and on the playing field. It was a very exciting, rebellious time. -Marlo Thomas
- I want to organize so that women see ourselves as people who are entitled to power, entitled to leadership. -Patricia Ireland
- All men are born equally free. -Salmon P. Chase
- We who are liberal and progressive know that the poor are our equals in every sense except that of being equal to us. -Lionel Trilling
- We are a model country where gender equality is concerned. -Tarja Halonen
- Stewardesses are still paid so little that in many cases, new hires qualify for food stamps. -Patricia Ireland
- Democratic principles are the result of equality of condition. -Mercy Otis Warren
- Racism is still with us. But it is up to us to prepare our children for what they have to meet, and, hopefully, we shall overcome. -Rosa Parks
- Racism is still with us. But it is up to us to prepare our children for what they have to meet, and, hopefully, we shall overcome. -Rosa Parks
- The wisdom of man never yet contrived a system of taxation that would operate with perfect equality. -Andrew Jackson
Related- Beautiful Life Quotes»
- Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact. -Honore de Balzac
- The battle for women’s rights has been largely won. -Margaret Thatcher
- From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests you cannot subvert your neighbor’s rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own. -Carl Schurz
- A woman who thinks she is intelligent demands the same rights as man. An intelligent woman gives up. -Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
- All the people like us are we, and everyone else is They. -Rudyard Kipling
- Equality is the soul of liberty there is, in fact, no liberty without it. -Frances Wright
- All men are created equal, it is only men themselves who place themselves above equality. -David Allan Coe
Behind every famous quote about equality and respect, there is always a story that has remained hidden from the general public. Some are high-profile people who are voiced for the first time, and others are never known because they are lost in time.
Share this Post, and Enjoy your favorite Quotes for equality and respect.