Quotes on Depression in Life, sometimes at the end of the day you will have to soothe your own feelings. Depression quotes on depression in life can help you do that.
This page has quotes about life, depression, thought, self-discovery and feelings.
Just as there are moments of pain in this world, there are also moments of beauty.. It’s like a sign that says please add beauty to your life.. Life is too short.
Quotes on Depression in Life
These quotes on depression in life are going to show you how it works!
Show your love and care with these inspirational thoughts of quotes about stress, depression, anxiety, sadness and failure.
- “Depression on my left, loneliness on my right. They don’t need to show me their badges. I know these guys very well.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Behind my smile is a hurting heart, behind my laugh I’m falling apart. Look closely at me and you will see, the girl I am, it isn’t me.”
- “Depression isn’t always at 3am. Sometimes it happens at 3pm, while you’re with friends and you’re halfway through a laugh”
- “Depression is such a cruel punishment. There are no fevers, no rashes, no blood tests to send people scurrying in concern, just the slow erosion of self, as insidious as cancer. And like cancer, it is essentially a solitary experience; a room in hell with only your name on the door”
- “Everyone thinks I’ve gotten better. I haven’t. I’ve just gotten better at hiding it.”
- “I don’t think people understand how stressful it is to explain what’s going on in your head when you don’t even understand it yourself.”
- “But if somebody dies, if something happens to you, there is a normal process of depression, it is part of being human, and some people view it as a learning experience etc.” – Bob Geldof
- “What if I feel this way for the rest of my life?”
“I think one thing is that anybody who’s had to contend with mental illness – whether it’s depression, bipolar illness or severe anxiety, whatever – actually has a fair amount of resilience in the sense that they’ve had to deal with suffering already, personal suffering.” – Kay Redfield Jamison
- “I’m fine, I’m just tired”. My depression is setting in but I don’t want to bother you with it.”
- “If you don’t think your anxiety, depression, sadness and stress impact your physical health, think again. All of these emotions trigger chemical reactions in your body, which can lead to inflammation and a weakened immune system. Learn how to cope, sweet friend. There will always be dark days.” – Kris Carr
- “Depression is the inability to construct a future.” – Rollo May
Quotes on Depression
The following article is a piece of knowledge on quotes about depression that will help you.
- “And then it all started to fall apart. Again…”
- “It hurts but it’s ok… I’m used to it”
- “My head is a very dark place”
- “Depression is not a sign of weakness. It means you’ve been strong for far too long.”
- “Depression is like a war. You either win or die trying”.
- “I’m often silent when I’m screaming inside”
- “And then suddenly I became sad for no reason at all.”
- “You think you want to die but in reality you just want to be saved.”
- “Part of me wants to die tonight, part of me wants it to be an accident and part of me wants somebody to notice and stop me.”
- “Sometimes when I say “I’m okay”, I want someone to look me in the eyes, and say, “I know you’re not.”
- “Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy.” – Matt Lucas
- “At times, I feel overwhelmed and my depression leads me into darkness.” – Dorothy Hamill
- “The five stages – denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance – are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Read also- Sad Quotes of Love»
- “Depression taught me the importance of compassion and hard work, and that you can overcome enormous obstacles.” – Rob Delaney
- “To get rid of depression, I swim with dolphins.” – Patti Stanger
- “Depression isn’t about, ‘Woe is me, my life is this, that and the other’, it’s like having the worst flu all day that you just can’t kick.” – Robbie Williams
- “I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn’t one I’ll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it’s worth it.” – Elizabeth Wurtzel
Quotes on Depression in English
It is normal to feel sad and in despair when you are depressed. Depression is not just feeling sad. It is a medical condition that requires treatment. Read these quotes on depression in english.
- “You largely constructed your depression. It wasn’t given to you. Therefore, you can deconstruct it.” – Albert Ellis
- “I’m so broken that I can feel it. I mean, physically feel it. This is so much more than being sad now. This is affecting my whole body.”
- “The deepest fear we have, ‘the fear beneath all fears,’ is the fear of not measuring up, the fear of judgment. It’s this fear that creates the stress and depression of everyday life.” – Tullian Tchividjian
- “I used to be good friends with my depression, saying oh I’m so depressed, or life is terrible.” – Tony Curtis
- “I’m tired of trying, sick of crying, I know I’ve been smiling, but inside I’m dying.”
- “I have had issues with depression all my life, and it’s probably true to say there was a tendency towards it even when I was very young, during my schooldays. There was often – and this is quite common with comics – a sense of not feeling as if I belonged anywhere.” – Jack Dee
- “I might look successful and happy being in front of you today, but I once suffered from severe depression and was in total despair.” – Ji-Hae Park
- “Only those with skin as thick as elephant hide can hope to sail through their teens unscathed by self-doubt and bouts of depression.” – Mariella Frostrup
Read also- Emotional Quotes»
- “Recovering from the suicide of a loved one, you need all the help you can get, so I very much recommend a meditation program. The whole picture of how to recover from this has to do with body, mind, and spirit. That’s applicable to any kind of depression.” – Judy Collins
- “Depression is living in a body that fights to survive, with a mind that tries to die.”
- “I’m happy, I would say that I’m one of the happiest people I know but I’ve certainly had periods of profound sadness, depression and heartache and those are the kind of things that are interesting to me to write about.” – Richard Marx
- “Often the people with the strongest hearts carry the heaviest ones.”
Quotes on Alone Depression
Here are some of the best quotes and sayings about depression in life.
- “Depression is like drowning. Except you can see everyone else around you breathing.”
- “I’m hurt, and I’m heartbroken, and I’m sad, and I’m depressed, and I have been crying, but I don’t want to let it ruin my life.”
- “Depressions may bring people closer to family but so do funerals.”
- “Nothing is more depressing than despite the fact of having it all but still feeling empty.”
- “Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.”
- “It’s recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose yours.” – Harry S Truman
- “Depression cannot be explained, it’s impossible, even if two people with depression come together to talk about it. No one knows how to explain it properly but, if you get it you’ll know what it is straight away, it changes your whole perspective on life & in a way in the long run depression can sometimes be a good thing.”
- “To be depressed is to be lonely; to have a friend is to be happy.”
Read also- Quotes on Goodbye»
- “Depression is darkness filling your heart, surrounding your soul. Everything takes so much energy. People around you don’t understand, you’re doing the best you can Responsibilities overwhelm, expectations you can’t meet weigh heavily, Sorrow fills you until there is no room for anything else. Strength to fight, to find joy and love, slowly seeps from your soul. Endless days without hope loom before you, enveloping you in the darkness.”
- “I’ll never forget how the depression and loneliness felt good and bad at the same time. Still does.” – Henry Rollins
- “The only thing more exhausting than being depressed is pretending that you’re not.”
Here are some depression quotes that will help you to know more. Get a chance to will over this depression.
- “Almost everyone is overconfident except the people who are depressed, and they tend to be realists.” – Joseph T. Hallinan
- “Pain is always emotional. Fear and depression keep constant company with chronic hurting.” – Siri Hustvedt
- “Perhaps depression is caused by asking oneself too many unanswerable questions.” – Miriam Toews
- “And I knew it was bad when I woke up in the mornings and the only thing I looked forward to was going back to bed.”
- “The only thing more exhausting than being depressed is pretending that you’re not.”
- “Depression is feeling dead but not being able to die.”
- “It’s not the feeling of completeness I need, but the feeling of not being empty.”
- “Depression has nothing to do with having a bad day or being sad.”
- “She was drowning, but nobody saw her struggle.”
- “My silence is just another word for my pain.”
Read also- Misunderstanding Quotes»
- “Sometimes I get so sad. So sad that I completely shut down. I stare blankly at the wall and it doesn’t matter what you say to me. Because in that moment. I don’t exist.”
- “My life is just one constant battle between wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely.”
- “That feeling when you’re not necessarily sad, but you just feel really empty.”
- “I’m exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel.”
- “It’s not always the tears that measure the pain. Sometimes it’s the smile we fake.”
Depression Quotes and Hope
Depression quotes can be used to find strength in your days when you are feeling down. Depression quotes can be motivating and encouraging, so you won’t feel as though you’re alone in your struggles.
- “I want to be happy but something inside me screams that I do not deserve it.”
- “I can’t describe what I’m feeling. I’m not happy, and I know that. But I’m also not exactly sad either. I’m just caught right in between all these emotions and I feel so empty.”
- “It’s a bit like walking down a long, dark corridor, never knowing when the light will go on.”
- “Sometimes just the thought of facing the day, feels like broken glass in my soul.”
- “The worst kind of pain is when you’re smiling just to stop the tears for falling.”
- “Saying “I’m tired” when you’re actually sad.”
- “I’m the type of girl who smiles to make everyone’s day. Even though I’m dying on the inside.”
- “I am not living. I am surviving.”
- “I hate this feeling. Like I’m here, but I’m not. Like someone cares. But they don’t. Like I belong somewhere else, anywhere but here.”
- “Sometimes you just need someone to tell you you’re not as terrible as you think you are.”
- “I feel lost inside of myself.”
- “You sometimes think you want to disappear, but all you really want is to be found.”
Read also- Understanding Quotes»
- “I wish I could go back to a time when I could smile and it didn’t take everything in me to do it.”
- “I’m not sure if I’m depressed. I mean, I’m not sad, but I’m not exactly happy either. I can laugh and joke and smile during the day, but sometimes when I’m alone at night I forget how to feel.”
- “The worst kind of sad is not being able to explain why.”
- “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel
Sad Depression Quotes
Are you looking for inspirational quotes on Depression in Life? then you are at the right place. You can get some of the beautiful thoughts about sadness and life in general.
- “I feel like I bother people just by being alive.”
- “Depression: You’re going to feel lonely. Me: Okay, let’s talk to a friend at least. Anxiety: Nope. Too stressful. You’re bothering people and you have pathetic problems. Me: Okay… sits there”
- “You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.”
- “Sometimes I’m not angry, I’m hurt and there’s a big difference.”
- “It doesn’t matter who hurt you, or broke you down, what matters is who made you smile again.”
- “You know it hurts me but you do it anyway.”
- “Hurt. I’m fucking hurt. And don’t act like you care. Because if you did, you wouldn’t have done what you did.”
- “I don’t like to hold back, because that’s how you hurt yourself.”
- “It hurts to see the one you really love loves someone else. But it hurts even harder when you find out that you were just their bridge to cross over to their loved ones.”
- “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”
- “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
- “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
- “To hurt is as human as to breathe.”
Read also- Self Respect Quotes»
- “If you love large, you’ve got to hurt large. If you’ve got a lot of light, you’ve probably got an equal amount of darkness.”
- “When you have a good heart: You help too much. You trust too much. You give too much. You love too much. And it always seems you hurt the most.”
- “My biggest mistake is thinking that people care for me as much as I do for them.”
- “Love is blind and love can be foolish. Our heart doesn’t always love the right people at the right time. Sometimes we hurt the ones that love us the most and sometimes we love the ones that don’t deserve our love at all.”
So these are all Quotes on Depression in Life. I hope you learn a lot form these quotes/. These will definitely help you in your life.
People think depression is sadness. People think depression is crying. People think depression is dressing in black.
But people are wrong. Depression is the constant feeling of being numb. Being numb to emotions, being numb to lie. You wake up in the morning just to go back to bed again. Days aren’t really days; they are just annoying obstacles that need to be faced.
And how do you face them? Through medication, through drinking, through smoking, through drugs, through cutting. When you’re depressed, you grasp on to anything that can get through the day.
That’s what depression is, not sadness or tears, it’s the overwhelming sense of numbness and the desire for anything that can help you make it from one day to the next
What’s your opinion regarding depression let us know in the comment section.
We will be happy to hear you and don’t forget to share this post to your near and dear ones who really need this.