These quotes on silence will help you to understand the real value of silence. Silence is really a way of self-development process.
We often tend to complicate situations and add stress to our lives, when all we need is some time out. So you’re still not ready to break the silence? Take a look at these quotes that may influence your actions.
More than just words, quotes are the manifestation of our souls and beliefs. Just as people find different meanings in the same text, we all interpret the quotes in our own way. They empower, they motivate and sometimes inspire.
Read these quotes on silence and learn to be a wise personality. Helping you to boost your intelligence and wisdom.
Quotes on Silence
Silence Quotes and Proverbs are quotes that have been around since ages on different topics like silence, business, friendship, love etc. Sometimes it is not necessary for us to express ourselves with words when we can express ourselves with silence.
- The wisest man is the silent one. Examine his actions. Judge him by them. Karen Marie Moning
- The best people are often the people who you can stand to be around in absolute silence.
- Silence is not consent. It is a mute protest of one who cannot put his feelings into words.
- Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence. -Leonardo da Vinci
- “Silence Is Sometimes The Best Answer.”- Dalai Lama
- The quiet mind is richer than a crown. Robert Greene
- Silence is often when imagination comes alive.
- “Silence Is The Source Of Great Strength.”
- I just realized that sleep sometimes is the only precious wage for the hard working man. Akilnathan Logeswaran
- Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud. Unknown
- I was quiet, but I was not blind. Jane Austen
- “Some Hearts Understand Each Other Even In Silence.”
- Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact. – George Eliot, Impressions of Theophrastus Such
There is a time in the day, just before the sun rises, that is so silent, all you can hear is the creation of the universe.
- Silence is a habit that is hard earned but good for the soul.
- The ocean, the desert, and the jungle are the last strongholds and resorts of peace. P.C. Wren
- Silence is a text easy to misread. – A. A. Attanasio, The Eagle, and the Sword
- It is a crime to silence another person. To do so would be to violate the very essence of humanity.
- Silence is the virtue of fools. Francis Bacon
- Choose silence of all virtues, for by it you hear other men’s imperfections, and conceal your own. – George Bernard Shaw
Quotes on Silence Attitude
These silent quotes speak louder than words. But silence can be more than just a physical presence — it can be symbolic, represent the absence of a thing, or simply something we cannot define. Below are some quotes by authors you’ve probably read on the subject of silence.”
- Silence is the loudest sound I have ever heard.
- In the end, all there is left is silence and it is often a comfort to the weary soul.
- You can always tell how important something is to the degree of silence involved.
- I’ve begun to realise that you can listen to silence and learn from it. It has a quality and a dimension all its own. – Chaim Potok, The Chosen
- Some people cannot stand silence for it is when in this state of sound can they hear their own soul cry in torment.
- In the beginning, there was nothing but silence. In the end, silence also awaits.
- If you don’t know that silence has a sound, you have never been silent at all.
- This better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. – Abraham Lincoln
- Sometimes it’s best to stay quiet. The silence can speak volumes without ever saying a word.” Anonymous
- Take note of silent children. Some cry and wail when they are hurt but it is the quiet ones that have deeper scars.
- He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” Elbert Hubbard
There are things that are too great to be said that only silence can truly capture the moment.
- He who does not know how to be silent will not know how to speak. – Ausonius
- To know that there are times that one must be silent is a sign of wisdom.
- A comfortable silence between two people often means a strong sense of trust.
- To be silent when another is speaking is a great gift. People have the gift of speech but often lack the will to listen, which is why an attentive silence is most coveted.
- In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Silence is often torture; a way for madmen to draw out something that could have been decided long ago.
- The best threat is silence. Why bluster and shout when one can just stare coldly mute, letting the other person feel uncomfortable?
- Sometimes, those with so much to say are silent.
Quotes on Silence and Patience
These Quotes on Silence and Patience will provide you with inspiration, lessons learned and quotations to send your thoughts flying high about the importance of keeping quiet.
- Silence is a source of great strength.” Lao Tzu
- To sit and watch as life passes by is an art lost in time. Only available to the very young and the very old, this gift is what makes the elderly and very young children wise.
- Contentment can be found in silence when the soul and heart are one.
- There are times when silence is the best way to yell at the top of your voice. – O. A. Battista
- Silence is a gift. Learn to value its essence.” Anonymous
- Work hard in silence, let your success make the noise.” Frank Ocean
- Noise: a stench in the ear. Ambrose Bierce
- “When Silence Is Used As A Weapon It Can Wound Even More Than Words.”-Jill Thrussell
- Listening to the eternal involves a silence within us. Thomas Raymond Kelly
- “Silence Is Golden Until You Have Kids, Then Silence Is Suspicious.”
- “Speaking Comes By Nature, Silence By Understanding.”
- One need not always be saying something in this noisy world. Sarah Orne Jewett
- “Work Hard In Silence. Let Success Be Your Noise.”
- Silence says a lot more than you think. Unknown
- Through the portals of silence, the healing sun of wisdom and peace will shine upon you.” Paramahansa Yogananda
Related- Rain Quotes»
- Silence is the best response to a fool.” Anonymous
- Speech is of time, silence is of eternity. – Thomas Carlyle, Sartor Resartus
- Silence allows you to observe the world in totality.
- When I see people, I always want to have a conversation. I don’t understand it but I just have to. That is why I’d rather be alone, for silence is the preferable companion.
- Silence – can it help you get your point across better than speaking? See what these famous people had to say about the virtue of silence.
Silence Quotes by Famous People
Here are some more silence quotes by famous people, learn what they said about silence and the importance of it.
- There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub. – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- To hear, one must be silent. Ursula K. Le Guin
- We went down into the silent garden. Dawn is the time when nothing breathes, the hour of silence. Everything is transfixed, only the light moves. Leonora Carrington
- I drank the silence of God from a spring in the woods. Georg Trakl
- Sound is our mind, silence is our being. Osho
- “Men Of Few Words Are The Best Men.”-William Shakespeare
- Quiet and silence are a form of power. Thoughtful and wise people are not talkative people.” Dr T.P.Chia
- The silence is so deep it hurts our ears. Haruki Murakami
- Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. – Max Ehrmann, Desiderata
- When you build in silence, they don’t know what to attack.” Anonymous
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation.” Marcus Tullius Cicero
- A wise man once said nothing” Anonymous
Related- Wisdom Quotes»
- Silence is better than unmeaning words. Pythagoras
- Speech is of time, silence is of eternity. Thomas Carlyle
- Never assume that loud is strong and quiet is weak.” Anonymous
- Silence remains, inescapably, a form of speech.” Susan Sontag
- Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom.” Francis Bacon
- The saying is true “The empty vessel makes the greatest sound.” – William Shakespeare
- Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone. Alan Watts
- Only silence perfects silence.” A.R. Ammons
Power of Silence Quotes
Silence can speak louder than all the words you could ever say because it has tremendous power. Be the one to change your thoughts about what you want to be silent.
- Silence is safer than speech. Epictetus
- “Silence Is The Best Way To Answer A Fool.”
- “Keep Your Mouth Closed Until Your Mind Is In Gear.”
- A silent man is easily reputed wise. Frederick William Robertson
- There’s zero correlation between being the best talker and having the best ideas. Susan Cain
- “The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace.” Proverb
- You are a slave to what you do say, a master of what you don’t say.
- “True Silence Is The Rest Of The Mind; It Is To The Spirit What Sleep Is To The Body, Nourishment And Refreshment.”
- “God Speaks In The Silence Of The Heart. Listening Is The Beginning Of Prayer.”- Mother Teresa
- That man’s silence is wonderful to listen to. Thomas Hardy
- Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese. Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “Silence Speaks When Words Can’t.”
Related- Power Quotes»
- “If You Don’t Understand My Silence Then You Don’t Deserve My Words.”
- Silence is sometimes the best answer.” Dalai Lama
- I didn’t like having to explain to them, so I just shut up, smoked a cigarette, and looked at the sea. Albert Camus
- Speak for yourself and from yourself, or be silent. George Henry Lewes
- You cannot be angry when alone. Osho
- “The Wiser A Man Is, The Less Talkative Will He Be.”
- “Well Timed Silence Has More Eloquence Than Speech.”
- You misinterpret everything, even the silence. Franz Kafka
Inspirational Quotes on Silence
Inspire yourself through the help of these amazing inspiring quotes and sayings from some famous people around the world.
- Beware of the silent snake for it is the deadliest of all.
- “I often regret that I have spoken; never that I have been silent.” – Publilius Syrus
- “Silence at the proper season is wisdom, and better than any speech.” – Plutarch
- “Work hard in silence, let your success make the noise.” – Frank Ocean
- “True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit. What sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.” – William Penn
- In this present world, it is difficult to be silent. Often the quiet ones are persecuted for their silence, and the world refuses to understand them.
- “Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute.” – Josh Billings
- “Sticks and stones are hard on bones aimed with angry art. Words can sting like anything but silence breaks the heart.” – Phyllis Mcginley
- “Silence is foolish if we are wise, but wise if we are foolish.” – Charles Caleb Colton
- A good friend knows when to stay silent.
- “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Sometimes, The Most Meaningful Things Are Found Through Silence.”
- Silence doesn’t always equate to suffering. There are times when one needs silence in order to listen to the needs of their souls.
- “Through the portals of silence, the healing sun of wisdom and peace will shine upon you.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Noise is the most impertinent of all forms of interruption. It is not only an interruption, but also a disruption of thought. Arthur Schopenhauer
- “To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.” – Abraham Lincoln
- A wise man once said nothing. Unknown
- “Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than the silence.” – Spanish Proverb
- Being silent is a good practice. Often times, we just say what is on our minds without thought. To limit your words and only speak them when necessary is powerful.
Silence is the Best Answer Quotes
A wise man is always a good listener because they no the importance of silence. It is true that silence is always the best answer to everything.
- Do not underestimate the determination of a quiet man. Iain Duncan Smith
- Knowing when to be silent is a powerful weapon.
- If Talk Is Cheap, Then Being Silent Is Expensive. And Many People It Seems, Can’t Afford To Buy Into It.”
- I have found out in the course of a long public life that the things I did not say never hurt me. – Calvin Coolidge
- Silence calms my soul.” Anonymous
- Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than the silence.” Spanish Proverb
- Still waters run deep. Unknown
- “Open Your Mouth Only If What You Are Going To Say Is More Beautiful Than Silence.”
- Sometimes, silence can be fatal. When one could speak the truth but refrain could be the cause of many unfortunate events.
- “Silence Is The Language Of God, All Else Is Poor Translation.”
- Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence. Henri Frederic Amiel
- Meditation is the art of listening to your soul. To breathe in good intentions and exhale the worries of the day, to sit in silence, is to attain peace.
- Successful people always have two things on their lips. Silence and a smile.” Anonymous
- Getting no message is also a message. Unknown
Related- Inspirational Quotes»
- Living as we do in an age of noise and bluster, success is now measured accordingly. We must all be seen, and heard, and on the air. Daphne du Maurier
- Never miss a good chance to shut up. Will Rogers
- Don’t waste words on people deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.” Mandy Hale
- In order to appreciate silence, one must have time. You cannot rush something so profound.
- When I pronounce the word Future, the first syllable already belongs to the past. When I pronounce the word Silence, I destroy it. Wisława Szymborska
- Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best. Henry Van Dyke
- The silence is not suppression; instead, it is all there is. Annie Dillard
- Hope you like Silence Quotes. And you guys enjoy reading these stuff. feel free to share this page with your friends relative and other loving ones from here.
- Silence. The most beautiful voice.” Anonymous
Here are some quotes from throughout the ages that allude to or propose the value of silence. A collection of 140+ quotes about the value of silence.
Read these quotes and inspire yourself with these amazing valuable quotes on silence.
Hope you like this post, share it with your friends and relatives, and let them know what silence really means.