Rose Nylund is the most underrated sitcom character of all time. That’s why I wrote this list of Rose Nylund quotes.
When you think of The Golden Girls, you think about the four ladies living in Miami making us laugh. While all of them were unique in their own way, there was one person who stood out.
Rose Nylund quotes are some of my favourite quotes. If you’re looking for a few really great, memorable quotes – then look no further.
Rose Nylund Quotes
Rose Nylund is one of the main characters in the sitcom “The Golden Girls.” A lot of her quotes are popular on the internet, so they represent some reference to pop culture, which both my students and I like.
Rose Nylund is a fictional character from the popular sitcom “The Facts of Life” . She was portrayed by retired actress Charlotte Rae.
- Sophia: Jean likes girls instead of boys – some people prefer cats instead of dogs. I’d rather live with a lesbian than a cat.
- Blanche: I think it’s okay as long as you’ve already had at least three dates.”
- You know what they say — you can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk really fast or he’ll die.”
- “Rose: Oh, Blanche, how do you feel about performing in front of a video camera?
- “My mother always used to say: ‘The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.’”
- Blanche: Well, what’s wrong with that?
- Rose: It’s like we say in St. Olaf – Christmas without fruitcake is like St. Sigmund’s Day without the headless boy.
Dorothy: “Put it in the Smithsonian, Blanche. Its got more miles on it than the Spirit of St. Louis!”
- The fancy man and I are going to the dog track.” Blanche to Dorothy: “Your mother bets?”Dorothy: “No, she rides. She’s a dog jockey.”
- Blanche: [offended] Cleanin’ up the dirty dishes! You twit.
- “Rose: You know, sometimes when people are under pressure, they sleep to escape.
- “Like we say in St. Olaf — Christmas without fruitcake is like St.
- Sigmund’s Day without the headless boy.”
- Rose: Tell me, is it possible to love two men at the same time.
- Dorothy: “You really haven’t grasped the concept of this “gay thing” yet, have you, Blanche?”
Prostitute in Jail: [backing down] Sorry, chief. Didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers.
- Sophia: Dorothy’s father used to do that. Unfortunately it was usually during foreplay.”
- That moose not only raised little Yimminy, he put him through medical school.”
- Dorothy: Rose, back where you come from, people live in windmills and make love to polka music.
- Blanche: “I can’t believe you said that! Oh, if I weren’t a lady I’d deck you.”
Quotes of The Golden Girls
If you’re a fan of the show “Golden Girls”, you’ll enjoy this list. Here’s a collection of quotes from the Golden Girls’ friend, Rose Nylund.
- Blanche: Dorothy, that was magnificent, how did you do that?
- “Rose: Oh, Sophia. I want to explain about last night. When I was a little girl one summer we had a terrible thunderstorm.
- We weren’t allowed to wear berets at my school. It was against the St. Olaf dress code. They did let me wear a paper cap, though. It was long and pointy.”
- Blanche: I don’t look right in American clothes. I have more of a European body.
- Blanche: “I’m from the South. Flirting is part of my heritage.”
- Rose: What a day. One sad person after another.
- Sophia: Excuse me Rose, have I given any indication at all that I care?”
- “When I was growing up in Minnesota, the doctor made house calls all the time, for us and the livestock. Worked out fine — until the doctor started drinking hog liniment and tried to neuter the Swenson brothers.”
- Rose: Oh, in Europe, do they all have big butts too?
- Dorothy: “No, she’s going to sit here where its 112 degrees and eat enchiladas.”
- Blanche: We’re going to New York for the honeymoon. I just hope I don’t get murdered.
- “Rose: It wasn’t a rat! It was a cute little mouse.
- “Norwegians are notoriously bad at Spanish.”
- Blanche: I’m sorry, but I refuse to believe you have ever read a scientific journal.
- “Well, nobody ever believes me when I’m telling the truth. I guess it’s the curse of every devastatingly beautiful woman.” –Blanche
- Dorothy: Ma, you don’t have any jewels.
- Dorothy: Rose, it doesn’t wear white gloves and work at Disneyland! We’re talking about a rodent!”
- “Back in that town whose name you’re tired of hearing…”
- Dorothy: How old were you when they dropped the “Dancing” part?
- Rose: Not really. I keep worrying that I left my car windows down.
Rose Nylund Words
We all love Rose Nylund – who is that woman? Here you will find rose Nylund quotes along with the particular episode they are from.
- Rose: I know grief. It takes time.
- “Rose: I never grew a beard.
- Oh, don’t give up, Dorothy. If the ancient Egyptians could move 20- ton stone blocks to build the pyramids, we can move a toilet.”
- Rose: Literally, it’s the precise moment when dog doo turns white. But in general, it refers to the kind of person you don’t want to share your hoodencoggles with.
- Dorothy: Oh, c’mon Blanche. Age is just a state of mind.
- Blanche: A life jacket and a great big smile.
- Sophia: You never grew brains, either!”
- “I thought you wore too much makeup and were a slut. I was wrong. You don’t wear too much makeup.”
- Rose: I wonder if jewelry comes from Jewish people? In Little Falls, the jeweler was Jewish. Jeweler, Jewish—I wonder if there’s a connection.
Related- Happy Gilmore Quotes»
- Blanche: Tell that to my thighs.
- Virginia: And if I were you, I sure wouldn’t jog without a muumuu.
- “Rose: Where are you going?
- “Oh, you bet I am! I eat raw cookie dough. And occasionally, I run through the sprinklers and don’t wear a bathing cap. And at Christmas, I’ve been known to put away more than one eggnog.”
- Rose: No. That was her name. Mean Old Lady Higgenlooper. She had it changed legally ’cause everybody called her that anyway.
- Blanche: Set the scene, have we been drinking?
- Virginia: Oh Blanche, please, let’s not do this. Let’s grow up, for God’s sake. We have done this our whole lives long, let’s call an end to it, okay?
- Dorothy: To either get ice cream or commit a felony. I’ll decide in the car.”
- Rose: Gee, Sophia! You’re awfully cranky today.
- Blanche: This is horrible. As Big Daddy used to say, “I’m feeling lower than the rent on a burnin’ building.”
- Dorothy: Okay, I’m positive you’re lying.
Rose Nylund st Olaf Quotes
Rose Nylund made us laugh when she said, “Never take a knife to a gunfight.”. Let’s keep her memory alive. Here are the best Rose Nylund quotes that will make you say, “Oh, Rose…”.
- Virginia: I haven’t lost that much, I don’t think that’s happened yet.
- “I know I look square, but I’m like my father’s tractor. I take a while to warm up, but once I get going I can turn your topsoil till the cows come home.”
- Sophia: Well, forgive me. But my arthritis is [acting] up. My Social Security check was late. And I realized today I haven’t showered with a man in 22 years!
- Rose: Therapy’s a wonderful idea. Oh, I remember St. Olaf’s most famous psychotherapists, the Freud brothers, Sigmund and Roy. You may have read their bestseller, “If I Have All the Cheese I Want, Why Am I Still Unhappy?”
- “No! No, I will not have a nice day!” –Dorothy
- Blanche: Sure, whatever. So, you thinkin’ about gettin’ a face lift? For your, how do I put this delicately…..turkey wattle or what?
- “Rose: What a day. One sad person after another.
- Dorothy: Ma, Pop’s been dead 27 years.
- Dorothy: I am so excited. I can’t believe I’m going to see Trudy again after all these years.
Related- Johnny Bravo Quotes»
- Have I given you any indication that I care?” –Sophia
- Rose: [pretending to flirt with Elliot to make him confess to hitting on Blanche] Did anyone ever tell you, you look just like Jerry Vale?
- Dorothy: Rose, you work at grief counseling. What do you expect, comedians?”
- Dorothy: Ma, what are you saying?
- Blanche: Cheese and crackers, Rose? Not eggs gafloofen? Ham and gunterhoggins? Pigs in a svenkabluden?
- “My son married a welder. Too bad she didn’t weld his zipper shut. They got ten kids they can’t afford.”
- Elliot: No thank you. Is something wrong with your leg?
- “Rose: I wonder if jewelry comes from Jewish people? In Little Falls, the jeweler was Jewish. Jeweler, Jewish—I wonder if there’s a connection.
- Rose: Isn’t it obvious, Dorothy? She showered with a dead man for five years.
- Rose: No, but you sure know how to make a girl’s mouth water.
- Eat dirt and die, trash.”
Rose Nylund Quotes From the Series
Rose Nylund is a character from the TV series “The Golden Girls”. On this page, you can find a collection of charming and funny quotes by Rose Nylund.
- Rose: Wanna see some Polaroids of me in my tennis skirt?
- Sophia: I think there’s a connection between your brain and wallpaper paste.”
- “It’s time I gave something back to the chicken community. A chicken once saved my life.”
- Dorothy: I’m not staying for dinner tonight. There’s a meeting at Mensa. That’s the organization for people with high IQs like mine.
- “I eat raw cookie dough. And occasionally, I run through the sprinklers and don’t wear a bathing cap. And at Christmas, I’ve been known to put away more than one eggnog.”
- Dorothy: Don’t repeat everything I say.
- “Rose: The name Madonna doesn’t really fit her.
- The doctor says it’s the first time he’s ever been called because a baby was sleeping in the day. And then I think he called me an idiot.”
Related- Betty White Quotes»
- Blanche: Oh, I’m calling the exterminator!
- “Dorothy, was Sophia naked just now, or does her dress really need ironing?
- Elliot: I take it we’re not playing golf.
- Sophia: ‘Slut’ would be better!
- Dorothy: That’s always a safe bet, Rose.
- Rose: I sure miss a traditional St. Olaf Christmas.
- “Please forgive me. It’s not my fault my cousins have been marrying each other for generations.”
- Blanche: WHERE ARE MY SHOES?
- Dorothy: Oh, please, please! She did things on that stage I never did with my husband!”
- Rose: Now, I know no one wants to hear any of my stories right now…
- Rose: Not in St. Olaf. Then we’d all go down to the town square and try to form a circle. And then we’d all go home and smoke kippers.
- “My mistake. I thought since you look like Yoda you were also wise.”
- Dorothy: Good night Rose. Go to sleep, sweetheart. Pray for brains.
Rose Marie “Rose” Nylund is a fictional character from the television series “The Golden Girls.” She was played by actress Betty White, who won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for her work on the show.
The best quotes from the nice lady with a Swedish accent who was always knitting.
Rose Nylund quotes will show you that she is just like you. If there are certain characters in the sitcoms, who you feel identify with your life, Rose Nylund is one of them.