Swami Vivekananda Quotes is a collection of 125+ inspiring quotes from Swami Vivekananda, a great Spiritual leader.
So, I have gathered some of the great Swami Vivekananda Quotes, so as to make it easy for all of you to find them and use them in your life.
His contribution towards India’s freedom struggle is immense. He lived for others. His life is a fine example for all of us to follow.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes
Swami Vivekananda was a great spiritual leader and reformer. He was not a religious mentor but possessed the best qualities of all the religions and integrated them into his teachings.
Here are some great Swami Vivekananda Quotes, read these and implement in your life.
- We are the makers of our own fate. None else has the blame, none has the praise. – Swami Vivekananda
- “The only condition of awakened & vigorous national life, is the conquest of world by Indian thought”
- “Strength…Strength…Strength…Say that to yourself day and night, you are strong, pure and free.”
- “All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind…
- Do you feel for the poor, the starving, the ignorant? Do you feel? – Swami Vivekananda
- “Knowledge can only be got in one way, the way of experience; there is no other way to know.”
- Swami Vivekananda saw a vision of Bharat Mata sitting on her throne rejuvenated. Where Bharat once again becomes the world leader, the Vishwa Guru.
- Stand as a rock; you are indestructible. You are the Self, the God of the universe – Swami Vivekananda
- Every action that helps us manifest our divine nature more and more is good; every action that retards it is evil. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Be the servant while leading, be unselfish, and never listen to one friend in private accusing another.” Swami Vivekananda
The plight of our nation and the world is not due to the bad people, but due to the good people who do nothing but complain. No more excuses
- There are thousands of microbes surrounding us, but they cannot harm us unless we become weak. – Swami Vivekananda
- Knowledge is nothing but finding unity in the midst of diversity. – Swami Vivekananda
- Supreme value of youth period is incalculable & indescribable. Youth life is the most precious life. – Swami Vivekananda
- Practical patriotism means not a mere sentiment or even emotion of love of the motherland, but a passion to serve our fellow-countrymen.
- The end of all religions is the realising of God in the soul. That is one universal religion.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes about Life
These quotes will help us to seek and find the truth. They are very inspirational for anyone having any trouble in life.
His all quotes will give you the motivation to start every day anew and make the best out of it.
- You cannot be a mute witness to atrocity & claim to worship Swami Vivekananda
- The more we grow in Love, Virtue and Holiness, the more we see Love, Virtue and Holiness outside.
- Blessed are those whose bodies get destroyed in the service of others. -Swami Vivekananda
- Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.
- It is culture that withstands shocks, not a simple mass of knowledge. – Swami Vivekananda
- Swami Vivekananda – “The best thermometer to the progress of a nation is its treatment of its women.”
- Ignorance is the mother of all evil and all the misery we see.
- All the strength and succor you want is within yourselves. Therefore, make your own future. – Swami Vivekananda
- Think for yourself. No blind belief can save you, work out your own Salvation. – Swami Vivekananda
Even when you sleep, keep the sword of discrimination at the head of your bed, so that covetousness cannot approach you even in dream.
- So long as you have faith and honesty and devotion, everything will prosper. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Truth does not pay homage to any society, ancient or modern. Society has to pay homage to Truth or die.” Swami Vivekananda.
Related- Buddha Quotes»
- The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them. ~ Swami Vivekananda
- We reap what we sow. We are the makers of our own fate. None else has the blame, none has the praise.
- You are the soul, free and eternal, ever free, ever blessed. Have faith enough and you will be free in a minute.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Youth
He is universally recognized as one of the most inspiring spiritual leaders and prophets of modern youth. Swami Vivekananda was a key figure in the introduction of Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga to the western world.
- Is there any gender-distinction in the Atman (Self)? Out with the differentiation between man and woman – all is Atman!
- Have faith in yourselves, great convictions are the mothers of great deeds. Onward forever! Sympathy for the poor, the downtrodden..
- Get up, and set your shoulder to the wheel – How long is this life for? As you have come into this world, leave some mark behind
- Otherwise, where is the difference between you and the trees and stones? They too come into existence, decay and die.
- “By doing well the duty nearest to us, we make ourselves stronger…”
- All that is real in me is God; all that is real in God is I. The gulf between God and me is thus bridged…
- Holiness, purity, goodness, service / charity are not exclusive or owned by any one church or mosque. – Swami Vivekananda
- There is salvation only for the brave. – Swami Vivekananda
- I, for one, thoroughly believe that no power in the universe can withhold from anyone anything they really deserve.
- Swami Vivekananda: “Young men, my hope is in you. Will you respond the call of your nation? Each one of you has a glorious future if you dare believe me.”
- Have a tremendous faith, in yourselves, like the faith I had when I was a child, and which I am working out now.
- An idol is a symbol. It is not literally worshipped. Every devotee has his own way of realising God. Its dependant on individual ability.
Related- Lord Shiva Quotes»
- Freedom is only possible to the being who is beyond all conditions…all bondages of cause & effect. – Swami Vivekananda
- We have to teach other nations many things…Ours is the motherland of ethics, of gentleness, & love. – Swami Vivekananda
- By doing well the duty which is nearest to us, the duty which is in our hands, we make ourselves stronger.
- Choose the highest ideal and live your life up to that. Look at the “ocean” and not at the “wave”. – Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Success
Swami Vivekananda ‘s famous quote “Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man” inspires many to achieve their full potential.
- “Seek the science of the maker and not that of the made.”
- ” I have a message for the world which I will deliver without fear & care for the future.” – Swami Vivekananda
- You are the master of your own destiny.
- If there is any sin in the world, it is weakness; avoid all weakness, for weakness is sin, weakness is death.
- It is a truth that if there be real worth in you, the more are circumstances against you, the more will that inner power manifest itself.
- “Our duty is to encourage everyone in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.”
- The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. -Swami Vivekananda
- Birth, life and death are but old superstitions. None was ever born, none will ever die; one changes one’s position- that is all.
- Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man.
- The whole world is full of God and not of sin, let us help one another, let us love one another. – Swami Vivekananda
- Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts & in every living being?
- Religion is the manifestation of the Divinity already in man.
- Books are infinite in number and time is short. The secret of knowledge is to take what is essential. Take that and try to live up to it- Swami Vivekananda
- “Mother is the center of the family & our highest ideal. She’s representative of God, as God is the mother of the universe.”
Related- B. K Shivani Quotes»
- Have that faith, each one of you, in yourself that eternal power is lodged in every soul and you will revive the whole of India.”
- History of saints or their sainthood may impress us but inspiration to further their spiritual agenda has to be within! Swami Vivekananda
- So long as there is desire or want, it is a sure sign that there is imperfection. A perfect, free being cannot have any desire.
- As body, mind, or soul, you are a dream; you really are Being, Consciousness, Bliss (Sat-Chit-Anand). You are the God of this universe.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Education
Swami Vivekananda is a man whose words continue to inspire the youth generations after his death. He deserves a mention in top inspirational people that made Indian history.
- In spite of 100’s of years of persecution, 1000’s years of foreign rule and oppression, this nation Bharat, still lives on. – Swami Vivekananda
- The men of mighty will, the world has produced have all been tremendous workers — gigantic souls. – Swami Vivekananda
- We do not or cannot see the painful parts in objects, we are charmed with only the pleasurable portion;
- Society needs both men and women to function, develop and progress. A bird cannot fly with only one wing. – Swami Vivekananda
- If the mind is intensely eager, everything can be accomplished — mountains can be crumbled into atoms. ~ Swami Vivekananda
- I would not travel 10 steps to see sites, I have seen the Himalayas. But I would travel a 1000 miles to meet a true Man. What are you?
- I loved my motherland dearly before I went to America and England. After my return, every particle of the dust of this land is sacred to me.
- “Sincerity of conviction and purity of motive will surely gain the day…”
- You consider a man as educated only if he can pass exams. This education does not help people to equip themselves for the struggle of life; does not bring out strength of character; a spirit of philanthropy and the courage of a lion.
- As soon as you know the voice and understand what it is, the whole scene changes…The same world which was the ghastly battlefield of maya is now changed into something good and beautiful.
- An organization that will teach the Hindus mutual help and appreciation is absolutely necessary. ~ Swami Vivekananda
- “Perfection comes through selfless work.” – Swami Vivekananda
- Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being. ~ Swami Vivekananda
- Do not be a fool. Do not simply believe what others say, unless you yourselves knows it to be true. – Swami Vivekananda
Related- Krishna Quotes»
- The essence of Vedanta is that there is but one Being and that every soul is that Being in full, not a part of that Being. – Swami Vivekananda
- Pure love has no motive. It has nothing to gain.
- Stand up, be bold, be strong. Take the whole responsibility on your own shoulders, and know that you are the creator of your own destiny.
- This, I have seen in life – those who are overcautious about themselves fall into dangers at every step…those who are afraid of losing honor and respect, get only disgrace; and those who are always afraid of loss, always lose.
- “We want the education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased…”
Swami Vivekananda Quotes for Students
Here on this page, I have shared with you inspirational Vivekananda Quotes and status updates for students.
- Share your pledges and actions you are taking to transform Bharat. Together we can take Bharat back up to the pinnacle of glory.
- As desire increases, so increases the power of pleasure, so the power of pain. – Swami Vivekananda
- “It is a tremendous error to feel helpless… If we cannot help ourselves, there is none to help us”
- All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
- It’s the coward who says, ‘This is fate’…It’s the strong who stands up & says ‘I will make my fate’ – Swami Vivekananda
- Don’t look back – forward, infinite energy, enthusiasm, daring and infinite patience – then alone can great deeds be accomplished.
- “No one can get anything unless he earns it. This is an eternal law.” – Swami Vivekananda
- The infinite oneness of the Soul is the eternal sanction of all morality, that you and I are not only brothers..every literature voicing man’s struggle towards freedom has preached that for you — but that you and I are really one….This is the dictate of Hindu philosophy. This oneness is the rationale of all ethics and all spirituality.
- Swami Vivekananda: If you are really my children, you will fear nothing, stop at nothing. You will be like lions.
- Do you love your country? Then come, let’s struggle for higher & better things; Look not back, forward!
- A man should not be judged by the nature of his duties, but by the manner in which he does them. – Swami Vivekananda
- Fear is death, fear is sin, fear is hell, fear is unrighteousness, fear is wrong life. Always say “I have no Fear” Be Fearless!
- “Selfless action – Nisvaartha Karma: “”When the idea of doing good becomes a part of his (man’s) very being.
Related- Bhagavad Gita Quotes»
- Then he will not seek for any motive outside””. – The Bhagavad Gita as viewed by Swami Vivekananda”
- The will is not free – it is a phenomenon bound by cause and effect – but there is something behind the will which is free.
- Arise, awake, for your country needs this tremendous sacrifice. It is the young men that will do it.
- “All powers are within you. You can do anything and everything.”- Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda Quotes and Thoughts is a collection of quotes from Swami Vivekananda. Learn the best inspiration of spiritual guru with most popular quotes, thoughts, words by swami Vivekananda who is one among the greatest motivational speakers of all time