Thomas Jefferson quotes are words of wisdom from a genius. Thomas Jefferson is one of the most influential founding fathers in US history. He believed everyone had the right to freedom, equality, and justice.
His quotes tell us about the nature of liberty and justice to mankind and human beings.
We don’t need more or less freedom, we need access to all of it.
Thomas Jefferson Quotes
Thomas Jefferson quotes should be studied, re-read, and analyzed by every American.
Thomas Jefferson was one of our most prominent Founding Fathers; his views on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are immortalized in history and still relevant today.
- “The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “It is nothing to die. It is frightful not to live.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “Not being heard is no reason for silence.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money.“–Thomas Jefferson
- “He who permits himself to tell a lie once finds it much easier to do it the second time.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies”–Thomas Jefferson
- “If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy.”–Thomas Jefferson
“Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom”–Thomas Jefferson
- “To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”–Thomas Jefferson
Related- Elon Musk Quotes»
- “A great deal of love given to a few is better than a little to many.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.”–Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson Quotes on Education
Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States quotes make him swift and quick. He is fond of writing to different newspapers about issues that concern during his time when he served the US. He had also written a number of letters to different leaders and individuals.
- “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you”–Thomas Jefferson
- “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”–Thomas Jefferson
- “When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty”–Thomas Jefferson
- “Difference of opinion is advantageous in religion. The several sects perform the office of a Censor morum over each other. Is uniformity attainable?”–Thomas Jefferson
- “Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “Laughter is sunshine, it chases winter from the human face.“–Thomas Jefferson
- “He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved — loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”–Thomas Jefferson
“Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “Religions are all alike- founded upon fables and mythologies.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “If I am to advance, the sooner I know it, the less uneasiness I shall have to go through.”–Thomas Jefferson
- “A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.”–Thomas Jefferson
Related- Sun Tzu Quotes»
- “We are afraid of the known and afraid of the unknown. That is our daily life and in that, there is no hope, and therefore every form of philosophy, every form of theological concept, is merely an escape from the actual reality of what is. All outward forms of change brought about by wars, revolutions, reformations, laws, and ideologies have failed completely to change the basic nature of man and therefore of society.”–Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson Quotes, he is one of the most influential figures in US history. He always believed everyone had the right to freedom, equality, and justice. His quotes are still useful to people today.
His words inspired me to create a long list of Jefferson quotes which you can read below. If you enjoy them, please feel free to share, tweet or print the quotes off for future use.